Why you should apply for a job with Elsevier:
- 70%of reviewers say the CEO supports gender diversity.
Sales Executive, ClinicalKey
Elsevier is looking for a motivated, action-oriented, self-starter to increase sales within named accounts for our flagship Clinical Search Engine ClinicalKey.
The successful applicant will focus on prospects that have an existing footprint of Elsevier's Clinical Solutions products and includes but is not limited to Hospitals, Healthcare Systems, Medical Schools, and home health care facilities.
Elsevier helps researchers and healthcare professional's advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. We do this by facilitating insights and critical decision-making for customers across the global research and health ecosystems.
Our Clinical Solutions division is uniquely positioned to help our customers achieve success. We have a clear mission to use our evidence-based content to deliver better outcomes for patients. Across a complex care continuum and a diverse spectrum of care providers and patients, Elsevier offers solutions and services that help customers utilize and integrate content to improve professional practice, reduce care variability, engage patients and promote a culture of quality, safety and satisfaction optimizing care delivery, the patient experience and financial outcomes.
Purpose of the Role:
The Sales Executive is charged with managing relationships with large, complex Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN's) and identifying opportunities for the sale of ClinicalKey (CK) within these Health Systems, Hospitals and Medical Schools. The prospects are named accounts within the continental US. Specific customer call points range from Physicians, VP's of Clinical Education, Procurement Managers, Officer, Chief Medical Officers, Chief Quality Officers, Chief Medical Informatics Officers, Chief Information Officers, VP Sourcing/Materials management, VP of Academic Affairs and VP of Medical Affairs.
The Sales Executive will use all means available to reach out to these prospects including telephone, email, virtual tools, and field visits where appropriate. 100% of the sales executives time will be spent on value-based selling of the CK product line and value-added services to grow our footprint within the accounts via expansion of currently contracted products The Strategic Account Director will also be responsible for partnering with the named accounts in their assigned territory, calling on key stakeholders to measure and improve client satisfaction of CK.
The Sales Executive will represent the following product:ClinicalKey
ClinicalKey is the clinical search engine that thinks and works the way physicians do by adapting to their schedule, workflow preferences and information needs. ClinicalKey is a trusted approach to quality care and improved outcomes making it easier to find and apply relevant knowledge quickly. As Elsevier's flagship platform for clinically focused search and deep reference information, ClinicalKey serves as the best combined solution for IDN's, health systems, academic medical centers, and hospitals across the globe.
Job Responsibilities: The specific responsibilities associated with the position are as follows:
- Identify key contacts and decision makers within a customer organization and develops strong relationships with those contacts
- Create and implement Account Plans within the assigned accounts.
- Drive new business opportunities within assigned accounts to exceed quota and annual sales targets
- Monitor the stability of accounts by utilizing usage metrics, client satisfaction feedback and develop plans of action to support the overall account strategy
- Collaborate effectively with all internal stakeholders including Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Operations, and Implementation
- Provide accurate reporting and forecasting of sales, keep current records and build account profiles by updating account and contact information and managing account data in our CRM
- Promote, drive, and deliver on any promotional product strategies
- Perform effective product demonstrations remotely through Zoom or other technology-based applications
- Ability to travel overnight as needed (post Covid).
You should have a proven track record of success from B2B sales, strong technology solution selling experience; healthcare experience is preferred
- Minimum 5+years' experience successful sales with a proven track record in competitive environments, with preference selling technology-based product to healthcare accounts
- Experience in Clinical Field Sales, cold calling, management experience with a proven track record; clinical background preferred
- Possess excellent communication (written & verbal), organizational and analytical skills and follow up skills
- Desire to learn and to share knowledge with other team members
- Detailed oriented, a logical thinker, and a good listener
- Team and goal oriented with a positive attitude with co-workers and clients
- Ability to maintain good relationships
- Ability to use analytical skills to recognize potential sales obstacles and recommend solutions
- Highly self-motivated, organized, and able to manage own time
- College Degree required
- Adept at using CRM SalesForce.com ideally
- Microsoft Back-Office systems (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) + Zoom
- Competitive salary + Generous commission and bonus plan based on performance, which is uncapped
- Excellent medical, dental and 401K benefits
- Expenses and travel paid
- Excellent training program, to aid in a fast start
- Numerous online resources to assist with your self-development and career progression
- An opportunity to grow and advance within a global organization
- Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Need convincing? Let's review Elsevier's best features:
- 70%of reviewers say the CEO supports gender diversity.