Why you should apply for a job with Elsevier:
- 70%of reviewers say the CEO supports gender diversity.
Would you like to**be part ofaproductionengineeringteam thatbuilds &maintainsourcloudservices?**
Are you motivated by**seeing how your work makesadifferencetoproduct delivery and customer outcomes?**
Join a team that**embracestechnology**
We are a growing, global team of 2000 entrepreneurial digital technologists. Collaborating in small agile teams, we have the freedom to leverage the latest technologies to build digital solutions. We create products that helpscientists make breakthroughs andhealthprofessionals impact lives.
Build and maintain**productionenvironmentsat a global scale**
As a Senior Systems Engineer working in ourglobalinfrastructure group, you willbe responsible forbuildingand supportingproductsacrossourLife Sciencesportfolio.Wehavea mission toimprovethedeveloper experience,enablingproductsquadsto deliver quality software to customers easilyand quickly.
- Maintaining and improving Elsevier's productswithin agreed reliabilityobjectives,whilst enabling the fast flow of feature updates.
- Designing, building, and maintainingcost effectivecloudenvironments as part of a product delivery team.
Contributingtocommon'paved road' tools andmoduleswhichallows product delivery teams to move at paceacross the full breath of the SDLC.
Supporting the on-boarding of products ontocontainerplatformsby working collaborativelywithcoreengineering teams.
- Debugging production issues across all levels of the stack. Participate in an on-call rotation andembracea blameless culture to prevent incidents from ever happening.
- Providing engineering supportacross theportfolio, includingthepracticalimprovementsonreliability,scalability,performance, andthesecurity posture ofproducts.
- Seeking out andeliminatingtoil, so thatyoucan focusmore timeonproject workandlasting improvements.
- Arean innovative, passionate engineer who likes solving problems at scale, has a keen eye for automation and efficiency.Youthrive inaDevOpsand SREculture.
- Enjoy developing relationships with engineering teams and valuecollaboration and knowledge sharing to build technical expertise and community.
Candesign and buildCI/CDpipelines. Youaim to make thedeployment processas boring as possible.
Know how to design distributed systems that scaleusingAWS,LinuxandKubernetes, ensuring applications are highly available and secure.
- Have adeepunderstanding of how toolslike New Relic and Grafanacan help with determiningthe root cause ofproductperformance issues.
- Arehappyin moving across the stack-from development toinfrastructureoperations.Youhave advanced skills inAWS,Linux, Puppet,Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes,TerraformandGitHub.
- Have a passion eliminating toil, through automation and 'Infrastructure as Code' using modern languages like PythonorGo.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
Health screening, eye care vouchers and private medical benefits
- Life assurance
- Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme
- Long service awards
Save As You Earn share option scheme
Travel Season ticket loan
- Maternity,paternityand shared parental leave
- Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children
- RECARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you
Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer
Access to extensive learning and development resources
- Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcareprofessionalsadvance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Need convincing? Let's review Elsevier's best features:
- 70%of reviewers say the CEO supports gender diversity.