Machinist for 3rd shift at DJO Surgical, Austin TX
Hours: 11:00pm - 7:30am Sunday evening to Friday morning
Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge of operational and manufacturing principles and moderate to advance machine skills to perform activities such as assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions. Communicates directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances. May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions. Promptly and accurately completes all required record-keeping. Keeps surrounding area clean, safe and organized. Responsible for keeping all labor hours with time system accurately.
Education and/or Experience
High school, diploma or general education degree
3 years+ experience in a machine shop/production environment.
Experience with 3 to 5 axis CNC lathes and mills; CNC programming skills desirable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operates equipment within a cell with multiple machines to produce high quality parts within prescribed routed time to meet production demands
· Changes inserts/tools and makes the necessary offsets to continue to make parts per blueprint and process specifications. From time to time, individual may help a more senior person perform some basic setup tasks in an effort to help them learn.
· Read and understand drawings to effectively manufacture parts to close tolerances. When necessary, obtains help to interpret GD&T call-outs and its application relative to part manufacture and inspection.
· Maintains equipment via established preventative maintenance schedules.
· Follows all prescribed quality procedures and inspection plans.
· Performs 1st piece inspections and monitors own work to meet process requirements including fully documenting inspections reports developed by the Quality department.
· Verifies that the inspection equipment being utilized is in calibration and performs a simple daily check against a known master to ensure the accuracy of the gage to be used.
· Maintains area in a neat and orderly manner.
· Follows supervisor’s direction to troubleshoot problem processes, interfacing with Manufacturing Engineers if necessary.
· Any additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Utilizes extensive knowledge of operational and manufacturing principles and advance and efficient machine skills to perform activities such as assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment.
· Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions.
· Communicates directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly.
· Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances.
· May identify and repair minor machine malfunctions.
· Promptly and accurately completes all required recordkeeping.
· Keeps surrounding area clean, safe and organized.
· Responsible for keeping all labor hours with time system accurately.
The individual must adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
Frequent to constant use of their hands and fingers, to handle or feel, and to manipulate in a variety of different body positions or postures.
Frequent to constant holding, grabbing, grasping, pinching, turning or otherwise working with hands and fingers ranging from dexterous to forceful in nature.
Frequent to constant lifting or exertion of force of up to 35 lbs, occasionally up to 50 lbs effort and infrequent heavy exertion in excess of 50 lbs force.
The employee is constantly or frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, frequently to climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, ability to judge dimensions and spatial relationships.
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition, many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of brands including Aircast®, Chattanooga, CMF™, Compex®, DonJoy®, ProCare®, Exos™, Dr. Comfort®, DonJoy Performance® and DJO® Surgical.
For additional information on the Company, please visit www.DJOglobal.com.
DJO is a growing subsidiary of diversified technology leader Colfax Corporation
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Enovis™ is a medical technology company focused on developing clinically differentiated solutions that generate measurably better patient outcomes and transform workflows.
Powered by a culture of continuous improvement, extraordinary talent and innovation, we ‘create better together’ by partnering with healthcare professionals. Our extensive range of products, services and integrated technologies fuel active lifestyles.