- Identifies new product opportunities by assessing portfolio gaps, competitive landscape, and capturing VOC
- Utilizes market research to properly inform strategy for product commercialization
- Develops business cases and presents to senior leadership team
- Manages commercialization of newly developed products by leading speed to market activities, developing marketing collateral and promotional strategies, as well as training the sales force
Product line management and strategy
- Acts as subject matter and product expert for Spine portfolio
- Supports program development initiatives by providing insights related to VOC and market trends
- Collaborate with sales teams to define customers needs and workflows
- Leverage data and competitive insights to continuously evolve our understanding of the customer, the competition, market and spine surgery trends
- Develops and manages relationships with KOLs
- Provides monthly product forecasts to operations to support inventory planning
- Assists in annual strategic planning process
Promotions and channel support
- Own the development and execution of a multi-segment spine marketing strategy
- Develops and executes annual marketing plans to meet revenue growth expectations
- Utilizes various communication channels to promote, position, and message to all customer stakeholders
- Develops marketing collateral, social media content, and advertising campaigns to drive growth of Spine portfolio
- Develops sales support tools in collaboration with sales operations team
- Assess market and competitive landscape to inform strategic planning process
- Supports sales training team to educate new sales representatives on Spine product portfolio
- Works cross-functionally with other business units to promote comprehensive continuum of care
- Works closely with 3rd party marketing agencies to develop new messaging strategies and conduct market research
- Utilizes MEX process to develop customer segmentation, messaging, and tactics to improve marketing effectiveness
- Maintains list pricing and field discount guidelines
- Attends and supports industry events
- Special projects, such as researching trends, developing reports, and other projects as required from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- https://B.S. Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing or related field preferred. MBA a plus.
- 6+ years product marketing experience. OR experience a plus.
- 3+ years of Medical Device industry experience preferred.
- Spine experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated critical/analytical thinking ability.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet given deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex business processes and procedures
- Familiarity with executing new product launches
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to travel up to 35% of the time; both domestic and international travel is required.
- Typical work related travel assignments range 1-4 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays are required.
Work Environment And Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists, spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors, athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition, many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip, knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of brands including Aircast®, Chattanooga, CMF™, Compex®, DonJoy®, ProCare®, Exos™, Dr. Comfort®, DonJoy Performance® and DJO® Surgical.
For additional information on the Company, please visit https://www.DJOglobal.com.
DJO is a growing subsidiary of diversified technology leader Colfax Corporation
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.