Data Center Site Engineer IV (Electrician)
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 245+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of 10,000+ companies, including 2,000+ networks and 3,000 cloud and IT service providers in 32 countries spanning six continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best-in-class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success
Job Summary: Is a skilled specialist that works on assignments requiring considerable judgement. Focus is on tasks using considerable skilled judgement and has deep understanding of standard operating procedures. Supports the overall team.
Facility / Infrastructure Maintenance
· Performs specialized preventative and corrective maintenance on-site to critical facility components and/or systems.
· Performs moderately difficult repairs, maintenance, installations and on-site inspections to critical facility systems.
· Monitors the Building Monitoring System (BMS) and resolves alarms for specialized issues requiring considerable judgement and implications to resolve; follows guidelines on standard procedures and makes recommendations for solutioning.
· Operates and maintains plumbing, fire suppression, and life-safety systems.
· Implements energy efficiency measures.
· Assists team members on coordinating critical infrastructures.
· Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
· Coordinates and directs vendors on skilled tasks to ensure that maintenance activities are carried out per standards and requirements.
· Assists with the creation and submission of scripts for maintenance.
· Tracks and implements the work approval process for service providers for critical maintenance (including briefing at the start of work, control of work during the day workday/shift, final review of the work carried out).
· In cooperation with the vendors, changes/updates technical files for plants and equipment ensuring files and builds are up-to-date.
Site Administration & Incident Support
· Performs specialized site logs and data gathering for issuing of permits, such as Maintenance Operation Protocol (MOPs) and scripts.
· Identifies Single Points of Failure (SPOFs) and makes recommendations for solutions.
· Responds to all on-site incidents, including failures, significant problems and delays.
· Performs Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and make recommendations for solutions.
· Supports the on-site staff during incidents.
· Demonstrates and supports processes and procedures are followed and adhered to.
Work Orders & Additional Projects
· Completes skilled work requests and circuit installations
· Performs advanced troubleshooting and maintenance of office equipment (if necessary); supports auxiliary equipment and machines with problem solving and repairs to avoid/minimize downtime.
· Makes moderate changes to mechanical, electrical and specialized systems, as directed.
· Carries out more complex infrastructure projects.
· Supports life cycle maintenance/end of life. infrastructure projects and critical replacements.
· May recommend infrastructure projects.
· Collaborates with others to resolve difficult facility incidents.
· Effectively collaborates within the department; may mentor team members on skilled maintenance activities.
· Informs stakeholders of inventory needs to maintain optimal stock levels of critical parts and equipment, may support in coordinating processes for maintaining inventory.
· Acts as a mentor to others in resolving incidents.
· 3+ years experience
· High School Diploma
Equinix is committed to ensuring that our employment process is open to all individuals, including those with a disability. If you need assistance in applying for an open position, you may send an email to [email protected] Please provide your contact information and let us know how we can assist you.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to unlawful consideration of race, color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, sex, pregnancy / childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic partnership status, age, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, political / organizational affiliation, status as a victim or family member of a victim of crime or abuse, or any other status protected by applicable law. (Equal Opportunity / AA / Disabled / Veterans Employer).
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Equinix Is Where Opportunity Connects
To thrive in a digital world, companies need to break through old information technology constraints and find, share and deliver value in new ways. Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. With $5.0B+ in global revenue, ...