Desktop Support Engineer (9 Months Fixed Term)
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Desktop Support Engineers are responsible for providing level 2/3 support by responding to, evaluating, and prioritizing incoming IT support requests from the IT service desk by internal end users in a flexible, fast paced and growing, but very customer focused environment. These requests are based from all metros where Equinix has internal employees and on hardware and/or software issues affecting end user technology devices including Dell/Apple/Microsoft desktops/laptops, iPhones, Android, and Zoom VC.
Follows-up on any open incidents, escalates to Sr. IT team members (when appropriate), to ensure all SLAs are met and incidents are resolved in a short time frame.
Ability to be dynamic and reactive as well as creating and driving process to increase IT efficiency, drive pro-activeness, and educate end users on how best utilize the technology provided.
· Zoom room technical deployment, management & meeting support
· Troubleshoot to resolution Windows 10, Mac OS, Microsoft Office 365, and other internal application software issues as assigned
· Image, configure, upgrade, and repair Dell laptops and desktops
· Active Directory, O365, MS Exchange, SCCM, JAMF
· Administer and maintain iPhone and Android mobile phonestablets via InTune MDM
· Remote support for all locations in EMEA
· Complete desktop and telecom related projects as assigned (e.g., software or hardware deployments, office moves, New IBX builds, IT license audits, etc.).
· Help troubleshoot and work with telecom engineers to resolve end user telecom issues
· Provide outstanding customer service
· Help build and a rich IT knowledge base by creating and maintaining process and resolution documentation
· Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions
· Other duties as assigned
· English language speaking and writing skills
· Advanced to expert knowledge of SCCM, JAMF, Windows 10, Mac OS, Office O365
· Experience with Zoom conference room technology
· Understanding of system administration, basic networking and VoIP concepts
· Experience in working in a fast paced and dynamic but VERY customer focused IT Helpdesk environment
· Strong customer service background
· Intel based Mac OS hardware/software support is required
· MCDST or higher Microsoft IT Professional certification
· Ability to work in a hybrid model (3 to 4 days a week onsite)
Nice to have
· Experience with providing support on Apple/Mac OS devices
· JAMF 200 certified
· Dell IT Pro certification
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Equinix Is Where Opportunity Connects
To thrive in a digital world, companies need to break through old information technology constraints and find, share and deliver value in new ways. Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. With $6.6B+ in global revenue, ...