Military SkillBridge Program - Equinix - Facility Engineers (on-site)
· Performs moderately difficult repairs, maintenance, installations and on-site inspections to facility systems. Supports energy efficiency measures.
· Monitors the Building Monitoring System (BMS) and resolves moderately difficult alarm issues issues that require judgement in resolving while following standard operating procedures.
· Operates and maintains plumbing, fire suppression, and safety systems.
· Operates critical infrastructures under the supervision of more senior technical staff.
· Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
· In cooperation with vendors, supports modifications to technical files for plants and equipment ensuring files and builds are up-to-date.
· Identifies Single Points of Failure (SPOFs) and makes recommendations.
· Responds to all moderately difficult on-site incidents, including failures, problems and delays.
· Uses substantial understanding in following operating procedures to support on-site administration.
· Troubleshoots and maintains office equipment (if necessary); supports auxiliary equipment and machines with problem-solving and repairs to avoid/minimize downtime.
· Makes minor changes to mechanical, electrical and specialized systems, as directed.
· Carries out infrastructure projects.
· Effectively collaborates within the department; may mentor team members on general maintenance activities.
· Provides stakeholders of inventory needs in order to maintain optimal stock levels of critical parts and equipment.
· May recommend infrastructure projects.
***U.S. ONLY - EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
Equinix Is Where Opportunity Connects
To thrive in a digital world, companies need to break through old information technology constraints and find, share and deliver value in new ways. Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. With $5.0B+ in global revenue, ...