infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering outstanding service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
We are looking for candidates wanting to transition into our Critical Facilities Engineering teams based at our Data Center’s in Port Melbourne, Derrimut and West Melbourne. Our onsite Engineers play a crucial role within the business, and the position will be predominantly Monday-Friday daytime hours at a static site.
There will be initial training and ongoing support and are open to applicants from varied levels of skills and experience
What we offer:
· Permanent employment in a growing company, offering excellent job security and stability
· Salary package including an annual bonus and reviews, health allowance and for some roles company shares
· A clear and direct Career Pathways Framework and limitless opportunities for professional development and progression across the company
· Access to company and wellness benefits and Employee support groups such as "VetConnect"
Key responsibilities of a Critical Facilities Engineer may include:
· Implementing, commissioning and setting up new facilities
· Infrastructure maintenance, breakdown and repairs as well as monitoring for optimal performance
· Performing site inspections and building relationships/managing vendors
· Completing site logs and data gathering for permits, such as MOPs and scripts
· Completing work requests and circuit installations
What we like to see:
· Technical aptitude, committed and positive attitude to work
· Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas and a level of technical aptitude
· Tertiary or Military qualifications in Engineering, Electrical/Mechanical, Electronics or similar discipline
· The attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, eagerness to learn, collaboration, and creativity
· The ability to prioritise effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organisation skills are required for our constantly evolving environments
Get all the latest news and updates by following Equinix| LinkedIn and if you are interested in positions outside of the Critical Facilities team or other advertised roles, we still encourage you to apply here and talk about any future or upcoming openings.
At Equinix, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #IamSafeIBelongIMatter culture transcends and informs all we do and closely aligns with our culture.