Manager, Competitive Intelligence
Exabeam is a global cybersecurity leader that adds intelligence to every IT and security stack. We are reinventing the way security teams use analytics and automation to solve threat detection, investigation, and response (TDIR), from common security threats to the most critical that are difficult to identify. The Exabeam Security Management Platform is a comprehensive cloud-delivered solution that leverages machine learning and automation using a prescriptive, outcomes-based approach to TDIR. It is designed and built to help security teams detect external threats, compromised users and malicious adversaries, minimize false positives, and make security success the norm. For more information, visitwww.exabeam.com.
Exabeam is searching for a Manager, Competitive Intelligence. The Competitive Intelligence Manager is the competitive Subject Matter Expert (SME) with technical knowledge of the SIEM space as well as our key competitors and their offerings. The incumbent is principally responsible for managing all apsects of primary and secondary research projects and has a strong core focus on sales enablement.
The role centers on helping the business deepen their understanding of the competitive landscape, competitor specific activity, market trends, and research to aid business decision-making.
- Manage the competitive intelligence team as well as serve as go-to expert for all technological competitive information aspects for Exabeam, having deep understanding of the technology stack, the products and the competitor counter-offerings
- Monitor general security market intelligence
- Gather, investigate and analyze competitive information about Exabeam's direct and indirect competitors; identify early signs of competitors pivoting towards a specific technology direction
- Guide product strategy based on competitive information, working directly with Research and Product Management to guide feature innovation and feature gap to make sure the product lines stay on the bleeding edge of cybersecurity and continue bring top notch value to its customers
- Work with the Sales and Marketing groups, Training, Product Management and guiding sales teams through competitive deals to articulate Exabeam's unique value to the customer
- Communicate findings and resolutions to senior management and the C-Suite
- Identify competitive opportunities and threats, partner with marketing analysts to communicate key competitors product offering
- Collaborate with a marketing counterpart which will in return produce field materials out of critical findings
- Previous experience managing a competitive intelligence team
- B. A/B. S degree required
- 5 or more years in either a Sales Engineering or Technical Product Marketing with preference to experience in the competitive intelligence practice
- Hands-on technical background required
- Preferred to have experience with SIEM and/or UEBA at a hands-on level
- Genuine curiosity, technology passion and drive with the ability to operate without
- Strong analytical and creative thinking, with an ability to find a needle in a haystack and articulate its importance
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Approximately 10% travel
Exabeam is privately funded by Blue Owl Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Cisco Investments, Norwest Venture Partners, Acrew Capital, Icon Ventures, and investor Shlomo Kramer. For more information visithttps://www.exabeam.comor follow us onLinkedInandTwitter.