- Experience 10+ Years
- Category Technology
- Location New York, NY
Fairygodboss is an early-stage start-up based in New York. Our mission is to improve the workplace for women by creating transparency. We do this by creating a safe, anonymous and supportive place for women to leave job reviews and tips about employer pay, benefits and culture. We’re growing rapidly and expanding our team.
We are looking for a full-stack developer responsible for continuously implementing new features and building new products.
While qualifications matter (see below), here are some of the things about your personality that we care about:
- You are scrappy and resourceful. Jeff Bezos once famously said that his ideal wife would be able to break him out of a third-world prison. We want a business partner like that too!
- You are responsible and have integrity. This isn’t typically a resume line-item, but its very important and we will want to speak to your former colleagues.
- You are confident. Since you’re an early employee you will need to be a leader, by definition. We want you to believe and aspire to shaping what our company does.
- You have worked at another early-stage start-up and/or have some other compelling basis for understanding that experience.
What We’re Looking For
We believe that finding the right team member is a lot like dating, which means we’re less concerned about what your resume looks like, than how our conversation goes.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing high-quality user-experiences and be comfortable working with a distributed development team. You will have had at least 3 years of experience and feel highly comfortable with:
- Products for which white-hat SEO played a big role
- The position is based in NYC, though location may be flexible and/or remote after an intiial training period