Duties and Responsibilities
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day.
The Audit Manager, Compliance Audit will work closely with the Bank’s various lines of business to ensure appropriate control design and test of control effectiveness across compliance programs and processes. The Senior Auditor is responsible for planning and executing compliance audits, including but not limited to the following areas: BSA/AML, Lending Compliance, Deposit Compliance, Fair Lending, UDAAP, CRA, Fraud, FCRA, NACHA, and Volcker Rule Compliance. The Senior Auditor will also provide control consultation on risks and controls throughout the Bank and its subsidiaries.
What you'll do as a Senior Auditor, Compliance:
- Support Compliance Internal Audits by the following:
- conduct audit planning, including identifying and analyzing risks to develop risk-based audit programs
- schedule and lead meetings
- execute and document detailed testing using appropriate auditing methodologies and data analysis
- assist with drafting audit reports by vetting potential issues, ensuring findings are appropriately documented, and recommending value-added solutions based on root cause
- effectively lead resources assigned to audit projects
- review workpapers for quality and adherence to standards
- track audit progress against planned milestones and ensure timely issuance of report
- validate the remediation of audit findings
- perform general administration, such as co-source oversight, logistics coordination, monitoring the inflow of audit requests and responses, and management of audit files within the audit management system
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards and identify opportunities for audit process improvement.
- Assist external auditors by responding to general audit questions, supporting their efforts to rely on Internal Audit work, and as needed.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business unit management
- Remain current and increase knowledge of regulatory requirements that impact the organization, as well as in the areas of internal control, accounting, business, company products and company information
- Support management initiatives and special projects; perform administrative responsibilities as needed; and perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions or as assigned by supervisor
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) who enters into a relationship with the Bank is known and verified
- DISCLAIMER: Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in internal audit, enterprise-wide risk management, business risk, compliance, banking and finance industry is preferred
- Solid understanding of Banking and Financial Industry, BSA/AML, and consumer banking regulatory requirements (FDIC, CFPB, etc.)
- Sound knowledge and experience in auditing skills and standards, including understanding regulatory risks and control identification.
- BS/BA degree in related field, professional certifications, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CAMS, CRCM preferred
- Self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions
- Ability to collaborate with business partners and form relationships across business units
- Ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains
- Creative approach to problem solving in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills
- Advanced skill levels with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
- Team oriented
- Demonstrated ability to provide extraordinary service
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person**.**
- Must be able to travel as position requires.
- May be required to lift 25-50 lbs.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
Base Salary Range
$152,000 - $175,000 annually
Salary may vary depending on job-related factors including, but not limited to, skills and experience. Full-time employees may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off and a Wellness Program. Annual bonus, incentive pay and/or equity may also apply depending upon the role.