Duties and Responsibilities
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
Common goals, uncommon potential
As a Client Relationship Analyst, ideal candidates must have the capacity to thrive in a dynamic, constantly changing global market environment and have a passion for research, diligence, experience in project management and impeccable organizational skills.
What you'll do as a Client Relationship Analyst:
- Identify potential client opportunities from the Wealth Managers’ extensive networks, generating new leads and uncovering high-value opportunities. This process includes, but is not limited to, the valuation of deal size based on revenues and multiples, pulling from an extensive list of resources, and qualifying the individual to determine how much they individually are receiving from the transaction. Research and gather business intelligence about prospective clients and trends in investment opportunities. Participate in weekly research calls.
- Prepare and send e-mails to prospective clients specific to their financial needs, with the purpose of generating interest in working with the team. Support Practice Management in all aspects of the sales cycle and oversee the potential client pipeline list.
- Prepare ad-hoc market environment and investment research. Establish and maintain the new business outreach process. Determine the most efficient research vessels, and work with the Wealth Managers to implement them into the New Business strategy. Participate in internal research projects and special client assignments as needed.
- Maintain the New Business process on a daily basis, using the host of research tools that they determine most useful to their position (Insideview, Wealth Monitor, Linkedin, Guidestar, D&B Credit analysis, Hoovers, CRB, FRB contacts, IB contacts).
- Construct and rebalance client portfolios. Must be able to propose and implement asset allocation and changes to clients without supervision.
- Attend meetings and review portfolio activity and performance reports with clients.
- Research and reconcile performance returns not in line with benchmarks.
- Interact with clients to address or best direct questions and inquiries. Responsible for client retention and day-to-day client satisfaction.
- Proactively construct and implement recommendations and projects that will enhance operations, optimize automation, and increase the number of new meetings with prospective clients as well as improve team efficiency in day to day functions.
- Assist Wealth Managers in completing requests for proposals, including gathering data and working closely with the research, marketing and compliance teams for a timely delivery. Prepare targeted presentations that effectively communicate the team’s relevant experience and articulate our added value. Ability to understand marketing materials and differentiate between what is appropriate for the client needs.
- Responsible for various reporting including weekly (cash balance, performance, asset allocation), quarterly (Client Statements, Performance, IPS), annual, and ad-hoc requests.
- Collaborate with Wealth Managers and the Client Service team on ad-hoc projects.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years of related experience
- BS/BA degree in Business, Finance or related field, or equivalent experience
- Series 7 and 66 Licenses, Insurance licenses
- Professional designation such as a CFP, CFA, CIMA, CRPC, or ability to obtain within 12 months
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of investment principles, strategies, policies, and regulations applicable to the Investment Management industry
- Strong presentation skills; comfortable speaking in front of clients and potential clients
- Proven self-starter with the ability to think and work autonomously
- Comfortable cold calling and prospecting new clients.
- Effective team management and prioritization capabilities
- Team player willing to help and learn from others
- Excellent written and verbal skills with careful attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications with an intermediate to expert skill level in Excel and PPT
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person**.**
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we'd love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
Base salary range
$80,000 - $115,000 annually
Salary may vary depending on job-related factors including, but not limited to, skills and experience. Full-time employees may be eligible for a comprehensive benefits package that includes: medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off and a Wellness Program. Annual bonus, incentive pay and/or equity may also apply depending upon the role.