Who is Forcepoint?
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. 20+ years in business. 2.7k employees. 150 countries. 11k+ customers. 300+ patents. If our mission excites you, you’re in the right place; we want you to bring your own energy to help us create a safer world. All we’re missing is you!
This is a senior role, and we are looking for an experienced escalation engineer with 7 or more years of experience and a strong appetite for resolving highly technical issues. Candidates should be a self-starter, possess excellent troubleshooting and reasoning abilities and strong written and verbal communication skills along with a desire to work on networking, security, proxy, web, DLP and other client-server technologies.
· Primarily responsible for triaging highly technical issues.
· Understand Customer's environments.
· Troubleshoot complex communication between client and server infrastructures on the fly.
· Be a mentor and technical leader for other technical support engineers.
· Provide a consistent positive customer experience.
· Develop technical articles and documentation and assist in growing both our internal and public-facing knowledge base.
· Work with Professional Services, DevOps, Engineering, product & support in resolving issues in a timely fashion.
· Ability to work well under demanding circumstances.
· Self-Starter, Collaborative, Responsive and Enterprising in achieving customer objectives.
· Bachelor's degree and 7+ years’ experience as Escalation Engineer/ Lead Technical Engineer, preferably in Enterprise SaaS or Cyber Security.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Prior Experience in communicating with Enterprise, Service Provider, or SMB customers.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas as an Administrator:
· Operating Systems - Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
· Cloud / SaaS applications - Salesforce, GSuite, Office 365, Salesforce, etc.
· IaaS - AWS, Azure or GCP.
· Identity and Access Management (LDAP, AD, ADFS, Okta, Ping, etc).
· Network Firewalls and Proxies.
· End-Point Security.
· Proficient with troubleshooting a wide variety of applications using standard tools (etc. Wireshark, tcpdump, Fiddler, Charles proxy, OpenSSL, grep, and Kibana/Splunk/SIEM).
· Ability to troubleshoot issues involving communication between multiple SaaS and on-premises applications.
· Experience building customer-facing documentation.
· Training internal teams about technical details of the product.
· Eagerness to learn lots of new technologies.
· Willingness to work EMEA hours.
Don’t meet every single qualification? Studies show people are hesitant to apply if they don’t meet all requirements listed in a job posting. Forcepoint is focused on building an inclusive and diverse workplace – so if there is something slightly different about your previous experience, but it otherwise aligns and you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You could be a great candidate for this or other roles on our team.
The policy of Forcepoint is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Forcepoint is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to [email protected]
Applicants must have the right to work in the location to which you have applied.
Forcepoint simplifies security for global businesses and governments. Forcepoint’s all-in-one, truly cloud-native platform makes it easy to adopt Zero Trust and prevent the theft or loss of sensitive data and intellectual property no matter where people are working. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint creates safe, trusted environments for customers and their employees in more than 150 countries.
Engage with Forcepoint on forcepoint.com, Twitter and LinkedIn.