Lead the Local Systems engineering team (8 to 10 people) and development of next generation powertrain products for the automotive, industrial, and commercial vehicle industries including making technical contributions.
Support the development and execution of System engineering processes and their related risk analysis in accordance with relevant, automotive standards (ASPICE, ISO 26262, ISO21434, etc)
Act as liaison between Systems and other cross-functional teams (Product line, Hardware, Mechanical, Software, Manufacturing...)
Perform internal Design reviews for system activities (Technically and process compliance) before actual project design reviews. this to ensure design maturity at each stage of development, and to ensure compliance of products to customer expectations
Develop and communicate Systems Engineering team goals, vision, and strategy.
Plan, build, and manage Systems Engineering team resources, including tools, money, and team members to achieve goals.
Track performances, outcomes and development career plan of team members.
Shape, cultivate, and protect your system team's culture
Provide emotional support, mentorship, coaching, and project support for your team.
10+ years experience in automotive product development which includes Electrical and Electronic hardware and software development, 5+ years in systems engineering field
Product launch experience
Proven experience in leading an engineering team or multiple teams directly or matrix
Good understanding of automotive powertrains architecture, electric motors, inverters and powertrain control
Good understanding of automotive system requirements/system architecture design and risk analysis for electric products, V-cycle development process, ASPICE, functional safety.
Understanding of embedded controls, electric machines, hybrid and electric drivelines
Experience with in-vehicle communication protocols (CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, FlexRay, Ethernet)
Understanding of powertrain related physics, with strong analytical and math skills
Prior experience with Requirements Management tools such as Jama, Polarion or DOORS;
Prior experience on System architecture/design tools such as Entreprise Architect , Raphsody, etc
Experience directing technical teams. Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with hardware/software and systems engineering.
Strong communication and presentation skills.
Willingness to travel domestically and internationally. Ability to work in a global, virtual team environment.
• Prior experience on Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) approach is an asset
• Automotive industry background at global Tier 1 or OEM
• Design for Six Sigma certification
• LV-123 / VDA-320 Automotive high voltage / 48V
• ISO 16750 / LV-124 Electrical component validation
• Technical and interpersonal skills to manage a team of talented engineers directly or cross functional
• Systematic and process oriented
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work in an international team environment and take global responsibilities
• Ability to work under pressure and take decisions
• Ability to give constructive criticism
• Passionate about technology