Account Executive - Invest
Surrey, United Kingdom
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, youll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Were the worlds leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If youre coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Gartner Invest offerings for investment professionals provide insight into the strategies and behaviours of technology end users and vendors to support the activities of investors interested in technology. Gartner Invest helps buy-side investors formulate their firms technology-sector investment strategy and associated stock allocations. With Gartner, Buy-Side investors get support for their ongoing efforts to monitor the performance of their holdings and adjust as appropriate. A unique role within the IT end-user and vendor communities positions Gartner to provide information and analysis Buy-Side professionals need to make superior investment decisions.
The Account Executive is a field sales role responsible for both direct client contract value retention as well as growth through contract expansion and the introduction of new products and services. The territory for this role includes specific major client accounts and carries a sales quota of circa $600,000+ of contract value.
This role is responsible for:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Gartners products and services
- Account management with outcome of increased customer satisfaction and increase in retention & account growth
- Quota responsibility of $800,000+of contract value within a territory of major account sized client accounts
- Mastery and consistent execution of Gartners internal sales methodology
- Proficient in account planning and understanding of territory management
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Maintain competitive knowledge & focus
- Fiscal responsibility with regards to expense management
- In-depth knowledge of Gartners products and services
- 6 - 10 years external experience with proven consultative sales, preferably in an Institutional Sales and/or Equity Research Sales role
- Must have past experience selling research to Private Equity, Venture Capital, and Investment Banks with evidence of prior success in Sales.
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior-level relationships within medium and large financial institutions.
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, and sales acumen
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with Managing Directors, Principals, Money Managers, Private Equity professionals, Investment Bankers, Hedge Fund Managers, and Equity Research Analyst.
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value added, insightful and strategic insight into their business
- Strong computer proficiency
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Bachelors degree, with strong evidence of success in school
- Masters or advanced degree a plus
Job Requisition ID:40414
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.