Business Development Manager
Surrey, United Kingdom
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, youll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Were the worlds leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If youre coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
Are you looking for a fast-paced career with outstanding advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, think about Gartner. The world's leading research and advisory company, Gartner (NYSE:IT) delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day. We are seeking highly motivated, achievement-driven sales associates to contribute to our double-digit growth, backed by the solid infrastructure of a world-class sales organization. In addition to a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits, Gartner sales associates can enjoy generous performance-based rewards, including all expenses paid trips to exotic locations around the world. Come be a part of our incredible growth organization!
Business Development Executives are responsible for prospecting companies that are not presently active clients of Gartner, within an assigned geographical territory. The purpose of the role is to identify key buying centers to expand the net new client base.
- Leverage key best practices to drive and successfully sell new business opportunities
- Build and effectively manage a list of new individuals and new clients to drive business development
- Collaborate with internal resources and external network to prioritize and penetrate key accounts
- Primary focus is on driving sales within net new logos / net new client accounts
- Utilize account planning and time management tools to drive an increase of research revenue to an assigned quota
- Establish and maintain executive relationships with clients to become the trusted advisor
- Quota responsibility aligned to the territory
- Handover of clients to existing Account Executives within 30 days of closing, for continued Gartner service
- Mastery and consistent execution of Gartners sales methodology, products, and services
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- 3-5 years proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services or software) to large multi-national companies
- Ability to build credibility quickly with new clients
- Proven experience in developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and transitioning prospect companies to clients
- Proven experience in closing enterprise-wide complex sales solutions
- Ability to comprehend and problem solve by thinking and acting quickly on your feet
- Strong ability to influence others in the organization with no direct reporting relationship
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition at the executive level
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centers
- Excellent presentation and communication skills at an executive level
- Bachelors or Masters degree desired
What Gartner gives you:
- Uncapped earnings and challenging, but achievable quotas 85% of our salesforce hit quota and 40-50% secure maximum accelerators every year
- Annual top achievers club in locations such as Miami, Sydney and Monte Carlo
- Unbeatable training and growth opportunities including an intensive an intensive 5-week sales academy for new hires
- Excellent corporate benefits
- The opportunity to sell at C-level and work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
Your application and the data therein are received and processed by Gartner UK Ltd., which is operating as shared HR service provider for the EMEA entities of the Gartner group. Your application will be shared by Gartner UK Ltd. with those persons within the Gartner group which decide about the steps of your application.
Job Requisition ID:44973
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.