Business Development Manager- Account Executive
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. Youll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Prospect and secure net new business to support the Evanta business through sponsorship sales; strategically building relationships with sales and marketing professionals at all levels of an organization
Build and maintain a predictable sales pipeline to ensure quota attainment
Develop strong, collaborative, relationships with internal sales teams to close multi-market account opportunities
Clearly identify highest level decision makers in order to elevate influence and determine client's mission critical priorities and help execute on those priorities through sponsorship sales
Travel monthly to meet on-site with prospects
Bachelor's degree preferred
Minimum 3-5 years of business to business sales experience; preferably information technology sales experience
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience is required
- Previous events industry experience is not required
- Enthusiasm, confidence, a strong professional work ethic and strong business acumen
- Ability to establish and build relationships with high-profile business executives
- Superior organizational and project management skills, along with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and synthesize information quickly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to learn new subject matter quickly
- Effective interviewing skills
- Bachelors degree in business preferred
Job Requisition ID:43728
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.