Conference Operation Manager
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. Youll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
What youll do
- Lead operational delivery and strategy of all exhibitor elements across multiple B2B conferences includingproject management, floor plan management, inventory and capacity management, financial management (forecasting, budgeting and reconciliation), staff planning and production scheduling.
- Procurement Management: Selection of the best vendor based on comparative analysis of outsourcing vendor costs, quality, services, etc.
- Develop, maintain and improveexhibit floor plansto maximize revenue opportunities and engagement.
- Manageconference budgetswith direct responsibility for all costs associated with exhibitor fulfillment and delivery; produce accurate monthly forecasts and manage expenses effectively.
- Attend conferences as theonsite leadfor exhibit delivery including managing the production schedule, agency partners and vendors and conference staff.
- Develop and maintainexhibit inventory and capacity planningas it relates to the show floor, speaking sessions and other marketing opportunities.
- Analyze datato determine best course of action on various conference elements.
- Manage andmaintain online portalthat holds all logistical information and details for exhibitors ensuring best possible experience for clients.
- Anticipate and react to client requests with aservice focusthat delivers exceedingly high value to drive exhibitor retention.
- Liaise with key conference partners and team members (internal and external) to ensure
What is your goal
- Achieve operational excellence and process efficiencies across all aspects of the conference delivery.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Gartners conference business including the value proposition of each conference for attendees and exhibitors and the value proposition of each exhibitor product.
- Standardized operational processes, project management and best practices both in the planning and onsite execution stages of conference production and delivery.
- Develop an innovative and creative approach to all aspects of the role team management, engagement strategy and operational execution.
What youll need
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- 3+ Years Conference Management, Experiential Marketing, Conference Marketing and/or Tradeshow Management
- Proven conference operational skills including production schedules, budget management and conference staffing
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Proven experience in managing agency and vendor partners
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Strong financial management skills
- Motivated team player with desire to learn and grow
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentations skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, implement and manage change and strive for continuous improvement
- Passionate approach/methodology to deliver exceptional results
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
- Japanese Fluency and English Business level required
What we offer
- Outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential
- Exceptional compensation and benefits
- Performance-based awards, including incentive trips for high achievers
- Modern office environment in a central location for easy commute
Job Requisition ID:45465
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.