HT Sales Specialist
Santa Clara, CA
What makes Gartner Sales a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, youll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Were the worlds leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Our sales associates earn a competitive base salary, uncapped commissions and exceptional benefits along with top training and support, and all-expenses-paid luxury incentive trips for high performers. If youre coachable, persistent, smart, executive-savvy, and looking for your next great adventure, Gartner is the place for you.
- Serves as a high tech role based solutions expert to develop and present customer solutions, sales proposals and close complex sales opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Identifies market opportunities and key decision makers and pursues/ closes relevant opportunities.
- Gathers detailed information about target accounts to develop an understanding of the clients business objectives and how to best position solutions.
- Coaches Gartner sales associates on how to sell the high tech role based solutions and imparts an understanding of Gartners value proposition and pricing and sales processes related to creating proposals and closing sales.
- Called into accounts as opportunities are identified and works with the assigned account executives to advance sales cycles and close opportunities.
- Provides prospective clients with an understanding of our solutions and is able to position the unique advantages of our role based solutions over competitive offerings.
- Actively participates in the account planning process with account executives and sales managers in assigned territories.
- Develops marketing campaigns and programs to drive business growth within the assigned territory.
Uses sales tools for accurate sales forecasting.
Grows the role based solutions business (e.g. GGM, GPT, TMT) in assigned region achieving $2+ million in revenue through new client acquisition and competitive win backs.
- Ensures successful client retention.
Internal: Sales leadership, management and account executives; Research, including TSP Research; Consulting; Executive Programs; Legal, Contracts and Pricing.
External: Clients and prospects
Bachelors degree preferred.
Minimum 7 years experience in technology sales (i.e. services, software or hardware), or experience selling an intangible offering, with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding quotas.
- Comprehensive understanding of the technology marketplace and technology provider go-to-market strategies
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade others internally and externally
- Proven ability to understand client and prospect business and technology issues and provide solutions that align to the clients requirements
- Ability to sell in a complex, matrix environment
- Ability to transfer knowledge to others
- Proven ability to identify and manage internal resources
Job Requisition ID:40715
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.