Leadership Partner Federal Infrastructure and Operations
Coos County, OR
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, youll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. Were the worlds leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Leadership Partner- Infrastructure and Operations (Federal Government Sector) / DoD
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, youll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We are the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping members (clients) make the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members who are highly visible senior Infrastructure and Operations executives, or Chief Technical Officers from Federal agencies, departments and the Armed Services. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you love supporting clients in ensure technology is driving the mission and business, and like working in a generous, supportive, high-performing team then Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
You will become a trusted advisor to Infrastructure and Operations executives and CTPs in the Federal government. Your partnership with them will enable accelerated decision making and improved outcomes for their strategic initiatives. You will be comfortable challenging their current thinking and introducing new ways of approaching complex issues. Your ability to understand your clients situation and recommend new paths forward will be critical to the success of your client. You will have the opportunity to leverage your own expertise along with applying new approaches developed by industry leading analysts at Gartner.
What youll do:
- Manage 25-30 member relationships ensuring value is delivered over the course of their executive membership. These members have Infrastructure & Operations or CTO leadership roles and typically report directly to the CIO.
- Leverage your subject matter expertise along with Gartners intellectual property and the Infrastructure & Operations peer community to act as a trusted advisor and deliver measurable mission and IT value to your members.
- Align your work with your members to the overall objectives of the CIO and the agency or service to ensure your focus is on the highest priority mission initiatives. Track, articulate and report value delivered.
- Drive and participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: Assist our Sales team in selling our service, understand what is most important for your member, their boss, the agency/service, define a roadmap for engagement, engage and deliver value working with the member along with their team, capture the value as delivered, articulate the value delivered to the member and apply your learning, teaching and coaching skills during the process.
- Responsible for member retention/renewal of this executive subscription-based service.
- Host and /or participate in periodic onsite and remote member activities including workshops, presentations, roundtables and webinars for your members.
- Collaborate with other Leadership Partners in the Infrastructure & Operations domain to improve the teams effectiveness and drive innovation as the domain matures and evolves.
- Participate in the planning, creation and delivery of sessions for the Infrastructure & Operations member at key Gartner events including Symposium and Peer Forums.
What youll need:
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a 10+ years experience working in an executive Infrastructure & Operations or CTO role for 5+ years in the Federal Government (Senior Executive Service preferred) and 5+ years in Professional Services/Consulting.
- In-depth understanding of the commercial IT industry and Federal IT market.
- In-depth understanding of Infrastructure & Operations in a Federal Government context as well as a commercial context.
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving to assess client and agency/service situation and provide actionable outcome-based business/technical advice and access to appropriate Gartner resources to support achievement of mission results
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship management skills including experience working with Mission, Business and IT Leadership
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership skills
- Security Clearance preferred or willingness to obtain/reestablish Security Clearance
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with senior leaders
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 30% and upwards
- Experience with the DoD required / this is a remote (work-from-home) position
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our members situations and provide actionable, outcome-based advice as well as leverage appropriate resources to help members achieve mission and IT results
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working with C level executives
- This role is a client-facing position that requires a high level of executive presence and ability to build trust and deliver measurable mission and technology value via both a remote and on-site presence.
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Manager competing priorities in ambiguous situations, with members and across lines of business.
- Strong organization and project management skills applied in a remote work setting.
Subject Matter Expertise:
The successful candidate will have had primary focus in an executive Infrastructure & Operations and CTO role within the Federal government, with commensurate responsibilities and span of control. Additionally, candidates will have experience in Consulting executive level roles that include client facing positions, and business development. Candidates should have strong business acumen and executive presence while also possessing experience and expertise with modern Infrastructure & Operations key initiatives and methods, including:
- Agility / DevOps/ Bimodal - In a future driven by rapid technology innovation for digital business, adoption of bimodal IT strategies is imperative to accelerate digital competitiveness.
- Security & Risk I&O focused.
- Cloud Computing All aspects and especially, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) - where infrastructure is delivered as cloud services Cloud is a style of computing where scalable and elastic IT-related capabilities are provided as a service to external customers using Internet technologies. Also, ability to review client Cloud Computing strategies and provide valuable feedback.
- IT and I&O Strategy and governance - IT and I&O strategies must meet business needs and enable the business to grow and transform. IT governance is about assigning decision rights and creating an accountability framework that encourages desirable behavior in the use of IT.
- I&O Organization Design Understanding the impact of processes, culture and technologies within I&O and IT. What skills are necessary to transform an I&O organization to meet future demands?
- Cost Optimization - Cost optimization in the age of digital business means organizations must use a mix of IT and business cost optimization for increased business performance, while preparing for digital futures.
- IT Operations Maturity & Process Improvement - Example, implementing ITIL, Service Management principles or applying COBIT to increase operations efficiency and maturity.
- Demonstrating Business value of I&O - Communicate the value of I&O in terms that the business understands, while adequately managing internal processes and technology performance. What IT metrics does the business need to know to make better decisions? What reporting is required to demonstrate the value?
- Mobile & Endpoint Technologies - Mobile and endpoint computing continues on a path of accelerated change, which is driving a transformation in how organizations operate and compete, and forcing IT mobile and endpoint computing leaders to re-architect their entire strategy from the ground up.
- Unified Communications and Collaboration - Unified communications and collaboration is the integration of real-time communication services with non-real-time communication services and social media.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the worlds leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our members to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. Visit gartner.com to learn more
Job Requisition ID:26199
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.