Microsoft Licensing Specialist - Gartner - Europe (Home Baesd)
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, youll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. Youll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, youll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If youre looking to explore whats next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
Gartner are looking for candidates with expertise in IT procurement and asset management, specifically in the areas of Microsoft Solutions. Additional expertise in IT asset management strategies, processes and tools / audits is also desirable. The ideal candidate will have a background in technology procurement category management and asset management leadership roles.
All candidates must be able to represent the larger body of Gartner research, conduct and publish research in IT procurement, asset and vendor management, working with an international team of seasoned analysts.
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover whats next in technology.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, youll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, youll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
What youll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting clients key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Predict how the IT Procurement markets are developing, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall market positioning.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartners industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What youll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Subject matter expertise in the procurement and contract negotiation of Microsoft Solutions, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities in that market. Knowledge of the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between incumbents, emerging providers, disruptors and outsourcers
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and Speaking engagements an advantage
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a research or technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Job Requisition ID:42986
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.