What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, youll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. Youll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing clients the unbiased insight and advice they need to make the right decisions every day. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, youll help clients deliver on their mission-critical priorities, grow your career and increase your industry impact. We value hard workers and reward you with unlimited opportunity. If youre looking to explore whats next in technology and business, Gartner is looking for you.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, youll be part of a leading-edge team that values bold ideas and intellectual courage. Youll contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration youll not only help clients through insights on strategic and management topics, youll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you are someone who is intellectually curious and principally motivated by ideas, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Specialist to join as a part of the global Peer and Practitioner Research team. This opportunity gives researchers an exposure to a range of leadership-level strategic and management topics. The specialist will be responsible for investigating, analyzing and writing on critical issues facing senior business executives in technology and service provider organizations. This individual will work on a wide range written deliverables that require (but not limited to) qualitative research methods interview business leaders such as general managers, product managers and product marketers at leading global corporations, conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches, and synthesize information to elicit key insights to help organizations transform the way they operate. The specialist must be intellectually curious and have the desire to quickly develop generalist knowledge. The role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
What youll do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Analyze and interpret business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, benchmarking, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Perform research by speaking with senior executives, academics, industry experts, etc. and conducting wide-ranging secondary literature searches
- Partner with the global research team to create key research deliverables, including but not limited to: how-to-guides, research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations, guidebooks, templates etc.
- Be a key member of the research team and contribute to entire project life-cycle from conception to completion and presentation.
What you will need:
- Master's or PhD degree in fields such as Sociology, History, Philosophy, Literature, Management, MBA etc.
- 0-2 years of research and/or management consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in global teams
Who you are:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- A great work culture
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartners career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email toApplicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:34624
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.