VP Legal Affairs
Surrey, United Kingdom
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, youll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. Were the worlds leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they cant find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
The Legal Director is responsible for review and negotiation of Sales agreements for the Gartner entity based in the United Kingdom and South Africa; includes interface with Gartners Sales organization, Legal organization, Finance organization and operating business units to ensure compliance with not only country-level legal requirements, but also internal policies and legal standards.
What youll do:
- Support Sales teams in reviewing Client negotiations, Requests for Quotes (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other forms of solicitations for Gartner services; preparing, communicating and negotiating exceptions to proposed contract terms within Corporate guidelines, where applicable, and assisting ancillary information requests related to contractual and business matters.
- Support the Sales, Consulting and Conferences associates in relation to client negotiations and contracting processes; interact on a regular basis with Sales management to improve processes and train Sales associates on contracts processes as required.
- Manage Gartners contracts and contractual relationships within assigned territory.
- Understand and communicate contractual requirements to internal stakeholders, including data capture of negotiated clauses.
- Work with Gartners Legal team on negotiations and strategies for non-standard terms and finalizing agreements and RFPs.
- Conduct issue-specific and new hire training for Sales/Consulting/Conferences/Client Financial Services, as applicable.
- Answer inquiries from and propose problem resolution for Gartners internal Client Financial Services for booking and Accounts Receivables issues
- Advise Gartner on a wide range of legal issues including employment, litigation, data protection, marketing, intellectual property, corporate secretarial and corporate law issues
- Ensure the implementation of Gartner business processes and ongoing company compliance programs in the region, including compliance with local laws and Gartner's internal policies
What youll need:
- Qualified Lawyer.
- A minimum of 8-10 years experience with emphasis on corporate and/or contract law.
- Expertise in contract drafting and negotiation; excellent communication skills developed in a sales driven environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills and good time management skills. Must be able to handle a large volume of negotiations in parallel and be able to negotiate with clients' senior management.
- Client and/or vendor negotiation experience. Client-facing experience.
- Effectively communicate, liaise with c-level executives while addressing difficult compliance concerns.
- Ability to influence others.
- Strong understanding of contracts.
- Effective Public Speaking skills.
- Ability to develop and facilitate effective training programs to drive awareness of program.
- Willingness to assume responsibility and adaptability for the role, while displaying a sense of urgency to the business.
- Gartner Core Values: Integrity, Objectivity, Results, and Collaboration.
Who you are:
- Trustworthy, motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively build relationships and collaborate with business units this individual will support.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Job Requisition ID:40690
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.