Job Description Summary
Exciting manufacturing within General Electric in our Cores and Castings business. The Casting Processor will be responsible for Set-up, change-over, and operate various automated & manual machine tools to process investment casting components. Perform basic preventive maintenance functions and complete routine inspection operations. This is a manufacturing role in a manufacturing environment. The scheduled hours for 3rd shift are 11pm to 7am, Sunday night through Thursday night.
- Secure job assignment, interpret sequence of operations, obtain required materials, tooling, and equipment using pendant controlled cranes, fork trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Working from drawings, parts lists, written and verbal instructions, accepted shop practices, etc., prepare work area.
- Set-up, load/unload, and operate parts cleaners and equipment used to produce complex ceramic cores.
- Prep, repair, and finish cores using hand tools, cutting machines, and automated inspection equipment.
- Prep and assemble wax patterns; set-up, load/unload, and operate wax presses; prep and assemble wax trees.
- Prep molds for dewaxing. Set-up, load/unload, and operate steam autoclaves and sintering furnaces.
- Perform borescope inspections of molds.
- Remove shells and gating from cast parts.
- Perform alloy checks and surface finish measurements. Set-up, load/unload, and operate heat treating furnaces.
- Grit blast parts.
- Conduct airflow and waterflow tests.
- Perform manual post-cast finishing operations. Inspect & certify own work and document as required.
- Responsible for following all safety protocols
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities to improve quality and product flow
- Keep work areas and equipment clean and operating safely. Participate in and own EHS initiatives
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1-3 years manufacturing experience
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have https://U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No