Electrical Machine Design Engineer shall work as part of cross-functional teams to deliver product designs that meet customer and project requirements. You shall work in conjunction with Mechanical and CAD Engineering and shall collaborate with Project Management, Sourcing, Manufacturing and Quality teams on all activities required for the role.
You should be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for technical challenges ensuring customer satisfaction and establish and maintain strong relationship with both internal and external customers.
• Ability to adhere to GE defined processes with highest quality and unyielding integrity.
• Should possess strong technical background and the ability to discuss complex technical requirements with the customers.
• Understanding contractual requirements and provide technical solution in case of a conflict in a timely manner with quality.
• Lead and support technical clarifications through comments & deviations list at the start of the project against the customer technical specifications.
• Create specifications for the outsourced components that meet project requirements and review the proposal designs received from the suppliers on those components.
• Create customer documentation (Machine Datasheet, PMG and Exciter Datasheet, Noise Level Datasheet, Test Procedure, Test Instructions, Operation and Maintenance Manual) as part of contractual requirements in a timely manner with quality.
• Participate and lead where required in Design Reviews including peer reviews as part of a project cycle.
• Participate and lead where required in Root Cause Analysis, FMEA and Risk Reviews as part of a project cycle.
• Dispose and analyse any manufacturing Non-Conformity Reports (NCR), identify root cause/s and implement preventative measures for those NCR, in a timely manner to ensure the product is delivered with a superior quality on-time to the end customer.
• Analyse test measurements to calculate machine performance and deliver Test Certificate for each machine as part of a project requirements.
• Participate in activities associated in the development of a new product / a new technology, new software applications, engineering design standards or templates, test requirements, standardization of product, direct material productivity to reduce cost without impacting performance and quality of the product.
• Advance GE’s product range through continuous improvements in product design and/or processes.
• Provide technical and project guidance to others as and when required.
• Strong ability to multitask and prioritize based on business needs, without an intervention from the management, to consistently meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Ensure strict compliance with GE’s, the suppliers’ and the customers’ Environment, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Pro-activeness to resolve issues on time without an intervention from the management.
• Master’s / Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Maximum of 3-4 years of experience in electrical machine design.
• Knowhow on technical background and proven experience in the field of electromagnetic design of Synchronous, Induction and Permanent Magnet Machines.
• Knowhow on Electromagnetic Finite Element Analysis for Machine Design on commercially available FE packages such as ANSYS Classic, ANSYS MAXWELL, CEDRAT FLUX, INFOLYTICA MAGNET, OPERA VECTORFIELDS, etc.
• Hands-on experience for electromagnetic and electrical design calculation – this will require using in-house design software, FEA software, hand calculations, etc.
• Knowhow of large rotating machines, their technical challenges, manufacturing and testing processes.
• Familiarity with a variety of Industry Standards, i.e. IEC, IEEE, NEMA, API, MIL-STD.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Capable of working with multi-disciplinary global teams with strong personal organization skills.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills with ability to work in a dynamic team environment to set and meet aggressive goals for the business needs.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with flexibility and motivation to improve.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
• Flexible approach and willing to work extended hours as and when required by the business needs.
• Ability to travel as and when required.
• Should possess knowledge of electrical machine design for synchronous, induction and permanent magnet machines.
• Should possess skills for Electromagnetic Finite Element Analysis for electrical machine design that includes modelling, pre-processing with required loads and boundary conditions, solving the models, and post-processing FEA results to extract machine parameters and to calculate machine performance.
• Experience of prototyping of a demonstrator machine including design, manufacturing and testing.
• Knowledge and experience of using Teamcenter and SAP applications.
• Shown ability to control revisions of the documents and organising.
• Methodical work style with focus on attention to detail.
• Motivating and influencing change agent, driven, self-starter who reacts well under pressure.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a challenging and fast-moving environment.
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
GE Power is a world energy leader that provides technology, solutions and services across the entire energy value chain from the point of generation to consumption. Powering more than a third of the world, it serves customers in more than 150 countries.
See how we are #PoweringForward: https://www.linkedin.com/company/gepower/
GE Power also includes GE Energy Connections activities: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/2744840/