Job Description Summary
The need for clean energy is greater than ever. At GE Hitachi we are helping address climate change by designing technology to power our future with reliable, affordable, carbon-free energy. We are a world leader in advanced reactor technology, fuel, and services. Join us as we build our legacy, boldly innovating to provide carbon-free power to the world.
The Engineering Manager will provide leadership to a diverse technical team of dedicated engineers and scientists. The manager will provide leadership to a team responsible for providing support for GEH’s next generation of Light Water Reactor (LWR) the BWRX-300, next generation reactor designs (GEN 4) and to products, designs and services related to servicing our existing fleets & fuel. This manager will work collaboratively both internally and externally with a global team of partner organizations and suppliers to successfully deliver for GE Hitachi Nuclear.
- Engineering Manager – Design & Requirements Management, x300
- Engineering Manager – Reactor Design, x300
- Engineering Manager – Instrumentation & Cyber Security, x300
- Engineering Manager – Electrical Systems, x300
- Engineering Manager – Mechanical Support Systems, Gen4
- Engineering Manager – Electrical Systems, Gen4
- Engineering Manager – Plant Component Design, Gen4
- Engineering Manager – Plant Integration, Gen4
As the Engineering Manager you will:
- Report to the Engineering General Manager for a specific area of focus (x300, Gen4, Plant Services, or Fuels) or a Sr. Engineering Manager over a specific technical area.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership for their team.
- Inspire, hire, coach and ensure the development of the team technical talent/depth.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationship with other internal engineering managers, business leaders, project managers and stakeholders.
- Interface with external partners, customers, the NRC or other applicable country specific regulatory agency, as required on technical issues.
- Provide leadership supporting performance and program management of assigned work and ensure on-time fulfillment of engineering commitments in accordance with contract requirements, business procedures, industry standards and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Provide the oversight and be responsible to plan, organize and manage the delivery of technical activities/tasks in support of engineering deliverables.
- Drive the design & development & maintenance of required systems in accordance the program/project software requirements.
- Provide guidance for use of systems specifications as required by other GEH technical disciplines and project design partners.
- Provide guidance and manage external resources to ensure the quality of deliverables, enable flexibility and improved cost positions.
- Support commercial and marketing opportunities to develop new business opportunities.
- Protect the Intellectual Property rights of GEH.
- Support GE initiatives, process improvement, simplification, and design to cost.
- Support GEH Nuclear Energy quality requirements, including participation in design reviews, initiating, and responding to corrective actions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline or relevant STEM discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in engineering design and/or project leadership.
- The preferred work location for this role is Ontario, Canada, in our Markham office.
- Proven ability to be a liaison between organizations that are operating in separate geographic locations
- High performing individual with demonstrated ability to deliver results while exhibiting behaviors that promote strong team performance
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to think strategically, be creative and move quickly
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of highly experienced engineers and balance multiple demands and priorities
- High performing energetic leader with demonstrated ability to deliver results while exhibiting behaviors that promote strong team performance
- Experience with project management skillset (communication, risk, planning/scheduling, change management)
- Knowledge of USNRC licensing requirements
- EPC experience and knowledge; specifically, power plants
- Understanding of and experience in the nuclear industry and technology
- Experience with new builds in the power industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
- Experience creating an environment that supports individual creativity and group innovation.
- Experience leading diverse teams
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Canada for this opening.
This position requires access to and/or use of information subject to U.S. Export Control Laws, which mandate all citizenships be from the U.S. Department of Energy’s List of Generally Authorized Countries (10 CFR Part 810 Appendix A) unless a specific authorization from the U.S. Department of Energy is obtained. More information can be found here: https://www.energy.gov/nnsa/10-cfr-part-810 .
You must have legal authorization to work in Canada and any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation. The drug screen requirement in the background check process is not required if the role is based in Canada.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes