Job Description Summary
The Steam Turbine Blading Specialist is responsible for On Site Services blading work. This role is open to candidates based in Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, China and Vietnam. This role reports to Service Manager (OSR Segment).
- Perform on site steam turbine blading and weld repair activity in accordance to approved instruction.
- Identify the proper drawing, document and instruction
- Identify the machine, tooling, measurement and consumable for defined scope during pre-job planning.
- Deliver expectations on EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) and Quality
- Site schedule management and control
- Machine/tooling packing, lifting and preparation at site
- Report the machine/tooling condition before/after the assignment
- Solving the problem regarding to site activity, process and related quality issues
- Implement process continuous improvement for cost reduction, productivity and quality improvement.
- Perform onsite removal, reinstallation of stationary & rotating blades and onsite repairs of steam turbine in a demanding mission critical outage.
- Prepare completed measurement and blading/ repair checklist or data form post work completion.
- Ensures that the correct documentation is used and filled out as specified on Inspection and test plans, work instructions and any quality documents.
- Ensures that all specified records are correctly taken, reviewed and approved.
- Vigilant in ensuring a safe working environment to include good housekeeping practices of assigned work area and comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety policies
- Identifies non-conformances and tags and segregates non-conforming items
- Ensures all lifting equipment is correctly used, and prior to use confirms its current inspection status
- Ensures all work under their control is properly protected against damage whilst in the Workshop or on-site and correctly packages equipment for transport to ensure protection against damage.
- Complete all online and classroom training sessions.
- Provide OSS progress updates to internal customer team and OSS SM
- Furnish detailed report post work completion.
- Complete daily Point of Work Risk Assessments (POWRA) and Safety Observations for good practice and practice which need corrective action.
- Performs Lock Out Tag Out duties in accordance with site procedures
- Ensures proper use and storage of equipment and chemicals
- Perform other additional duties as requested by Service Manager
- Diploma/ Mechanical Trade Certificate
- 3 to 5 years’ experience on Steam Turbine/Gas Turbine maintenance activity
- Experience in gas turbine or steam turbine blading work and repair of steam turbine diaphragm weld repair / valves would be added advantage
- Good hands-on skill
- Familiar with mechanical drawings, dimensions and geometric tolerances
- Ability to use and read measurement devices such as inside/outside micrometers and dial calipers/ indicators
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to engage with engineering in regard to site activity and knowledge in engineering drawings
- Flexible with travelling at short notice (domestic & international) for an extended period
- Must have Valid Passport and Driver License
- Strong team player
- Capable of creative thinking and quick problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Project management and coordination skill
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position