Job Description Summary
GE is working for a better future. GE has continually shaped our world with groundbreaking innovations for over 130 years and continues working for a better future and continues planning for tomorrow. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Are you ready?
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Outside Operator will operate gas and steam turbines and supporting mechanical equipment to provide electrical power from a Vancouver, WA power plant.
- Work with mechanical equipment which includes diesel engines, emergency generator, heat recovery steam generator, reverse osmosis and EDI water treatment systems, air compressors, motors, pumps, etc.
- Perform routine inspections and tests to ensure plant is operating at optimal level
- Monitor and maintain all required data logs/records outside of the control room
- Maintain log of meter and gauge reading and record data such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed
- Assist in plant shutdown and startup procedures
- Operate all plant equipment/systems within scope of responsibility
- Assist/perform routine maintenance of basic plant equipment
- Report any conflicts to the Shift Supervisor
- Complete the routine inspections and assigned tasks to support the site Discharge Prevention Containment and Countermeasures Plan as well as handle all hazardous materials and wastes in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Aggressively maintain a safe working environment to include good housekeeping practices of assigned work area and comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety policies
- Respond to all alarms and malfunctions of plant operations and take necessary corrective measures per the instruction of the shift supervisor
- Perform maintenance activities as directed
- Perform Lock Out Tag Out duties in accordance with site procedures
- Perform other duties as requested, as well as all reasonable requests from the shift supervisor and manager
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 2 years of Power Plant or Industrial Operating Experience (Or a minimum of an associate degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Marine, Instrumentation, Power Plant Operations with a minimum of one (1) year Power Plant experience)
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts
- Ability and willingness to climb ladders and stairs as required
- Ability and willingness to walk/stand for up to 12 hours as required
- Ability and willingness to lift up to 50 pounds as required
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability and willingness to complete a physical and other evaluations for hearing and respirator use upon hire and annually thereafter
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Marine, Instrumentation, Power Plant Operations from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 4 years of Combined Cycle Power Plant Operating Experience
- Ability to incorporate teamwork into daily operating and safety work tasks
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions furnished in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several variables
- Comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety policies
- Ability to accept feedback and deal calmly and effectively under high-stress situations
- Ability to adjust to daily work scope changes as required to operate the facility
- Strong mathematical knowledge to calculate proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office applications
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes