Job Description Summary
The Quality Specialist travels to customer sites and supports our internal and external customers with the production, and Management outage specific quality plans for Steam Turbines and Generator installation, maintenance, retrofits and warranty work based on outage scope.
This position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting engineering documents including but not restricted to previous Outage Plans, Technical & Quality instructions and Engineering drawings. A thorough knowledge of the Turbine, Generator, Auxiliaries and Balance Of Plant is required. Executing and Historical Recording of work to be performed during various types of outage.
- Ensure the site management communicates and implements the GE QMSs
- Advise the site of shortfalls in the implementation of the QMS
- Liaise with the Client in order to integrate the GE QMS, with the Clients requirements, ensuring this integration is compliant with GE ISO 9001:2000 requirements
- Perform Quality Audits as planned 3M, 1M before the Outage and during execution and/or as required by the Customer
- Participate as the Quality Rep of the PFMEA and LAWO sessions
- Support the Outage QCP creation and ensure its implementation
- Provide coaching on Foreign Material Exclusion, FME Plan creation and implementation
- Provide support and ensure that Non-Conformance Process.
- Provide support for the RCA process for events he/she is assigned.
- Provide support in ensuring that CoPQ is captured in accordance with GE Procedures
- Attend Site and Customer meetings, as needed, to address any quality topics arising
- Support the Customers feedback process, analyse customer responses and lead any corrective and preventive actions as needed
- Collate and distribute information received from the site personnel, Client and sub-contractors
- Review extra work instructions, ensuring quality requirements are identified
- Recognised Apprenticeship & Experience, or relevant qualification.
- ISO 9000 Auditor training (IATC).
- Good experience in Quality Tools, such as FMEA, PDCA and Human Error Prevention.
- Good knowledge and experience in Processes and Procedures, Quality Audits and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
- CCNSG/ Safety Passport training (or equivalent VCA/NEBOSH etc).
- Considerable Experience as a Field Service QA Engineer and well-grounded in industrial processes.
- Good experience of Installation and Service activities, preferably in the Power Plant or Oil and Gas Industry.
- Good understanding of Inspection and Test skills and practices.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- Fluent in English language, fluent level of English, written, spoken and reading.
- Extensive travel to and from projects and various field assignments will be required.
Desired characteristics/ skills**:**
- Experience and training on Alstom, GE, Siemens or other OEM equipment is preferred
- Understanding of GE Foreign Material Exclusion requirements.
- Demonstrates individual & team skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to drive
- MS Office Literacy.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No