Customer facing staff responsible for winning business Impacts the team’s ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives. Subject to Commercial policy objectives. Has independence in achieving commercial objectives within operating budgets and operating guidelines. There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
Job Description Summary
The Services Sales Director – South Korea & Taiwan, will lead a team of account managers in delivering Services Sales for the region, working closely with the rest of Gas Power team.
In this role you will lead relationships with key customers, build clear strategy for business growth in each country, effectively manage pipeline growth and progress, drive deal closure by account managers, ensure appropriate training of team members, and build & developing ‘one team’ environment.
The organization has solid operation rhythm, and it is critical that the Sales Director is aligned to the approach and drive the discipline across the team. Working closely with Service Directors of respective countries, you will lead the respective country business strategy for growth.
You will identify opportunities to grow pipeline (Commit, Orders, Convertible Orders) through increased outage visibility and bid participation, drive a rigorous customer planning process focused on improving realization rates and support the development of portfolio solutions for your customer base. You will need to navigate the changing market dynamics under broader energy transition taking place, and ensure the relevance of solutions provided by the services business. You must have a strong knowledge of market, customer economics, competitive dynamics, technology and solution to deliver value for the customers. You will collaborate with key decision makers including but not limited to CommOps, Application Engineering, Global Teams, Vertical teams (CSA, Upgrade, Transactional and Aero) and other key constituents to make the right commercial decisions. You must have strong ability to navigate and influence in a matrix organization, to bring the capability of broader organization to the customer facing team. You will also work closely with the country team to manage customer accounts holistically.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
· Responsible for business and sales growth for the gas services product portfolio in the Korea & Taiwan sub-region.
· Lead the team of Account Managers and create a shared need with customers, develop business solutions through consultative approach, develop strategic business plans, and be responsible for delivering growth throughout the sub-region.
· Develop influential relationships with assigned customers at all levels and develop comprehensive go-long strategies to win profitable business. Develop customer strategies with team and lead in their execution.
· Working closely with Service Directors, own and shape the respective country strategy for Power Services business.
· Work closely with the technical support team, including commercial operations, finance, product assistant, engineering, operations & execution and global threads team, in the implementation of cohesive customer strategies at the country level.
· Shared responsibility for customer satisfaction evaluation, plans, and follow through with operations team and global threads, to ensure collective approach to winning and improving CXi.
· Provide leadership, coaching, and development for the commercial sales team to attract, retain, grow and build a talent pool, that feeds the next generation of talent in the region.
· Ensure the team operates following the regional operation rhythm, and drive high level of accountability and say-do in the team.
· Own the accuracy of orders, commitment and convertible orders forecast at the sub-regional level, including data accuracy in NEX (Salesforce) with account managers.
· Be voice of the customer and promote a customer centric mindset.
Qualifications / Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in an Engineering or Business discipline
· At least 10 years of sales/commercial experience, of which at least 5 must be in the power generation industry
· Strong grasp of regional customers, services technology solutions, market economics, and competitive issues
· Ability to travel regularly – estimated at approximately 50% of time
· Strong customer mindset
· At least 5 years’ experience managing direct reports
· Ability to develop influential customer relationships, plans, sales strategies, presentations, and proposals
· Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, both internal and external
· Ability to develop and implement strategic plans, set a vision and rally support around that vision
· Strong track record of sales results and sales leadership results, preferably in a services environment
· Strong communication skills at all business levels including with senior leadership
· Understanding of multi-year agreements and its economics would be advantageous
· Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong financial management skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Unconscious bias training
Remote work policy
Part time policy
GE Power is a world energy leader that provides technology, solutions and services across the entire energy value chain from the point of generation to consumption. Powering more than a third of the world, it serves customers in more than 150 countries.
See how we are #PoweringForward: https://www.linkedin.com/company/gepower/
GE Power also includes GE Energy Connections activities: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/2744840/