Job Description Summary
EDC Gas Power Gas Turbine Engineering Team is globally responsible for turbine (& combustion) modules in multiple GE Heavy Duty Gas Turbines, across all aspects of mechanical design for NPIs, fleet/customers issues resolution and manufacturing support.
The Turbine Module Technical Leader focuses on turbine module mechanical components FEA analyses, supporting mechanical design efforts for assigned components, guiding and mentoring the local team, and working with global team around the world daily.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical Leader indirectly leads a team responsible for projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the business and is globally recognized as an expert in a specialized field. Responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications, manages complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, and contributes to the overall business strategy.
- Provides technical leadership for the analysis / evaluation of assigned projects that meet business standards and needs, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for projects within their specific technical field meeting product and program requirements.
- Formulates and implements plans to achieve technical and program requirements, schedules and contract commitments.
- Assigns and distributes work items within the assigned team.
- Supports People Leader in prioritization of team workload.
- Assures proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Leads and coordinates team technical reviews and participates as a reviewer, responsible for team deliverables.
- Identifies and mitigates risk using sound engineering judgement in situations which may have limited supporting data.
- Develops action plans to anticipate and respond to problems.
- Supports and coordinates with interfacing organizations such as manufacturing, sourcing, services, global engineering, and systems engineering.
- Communicates progress at all levels of the organization.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to other personnel and assigned teams.
- Seeks, leads, and executes opportunities for continuous improvement. Promotes a continuous improvement mindset within the team.
- Communicates training and development needs to the leadership.
- Provides feedback to employees and people leader on team members’ performance
- This role requires significant experience in the Engineering/Technology & Mechanical Component. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Significant experience with Turbine components (structures) mechanical analysis from turbomachinery sector, preferably gas turbines for power industry
- Good knowledge of engineering tools such as Ansys Classic, Workbench, Siesta, Hypermesh & UG
- Demonstrated excellent English language written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of mechanics, dynamics and strength of materials
- Demonstrated technical and project leadership experience
- Proficiency in engineering design processes, engineering and design rigor, modeling, mechanical & structural analyses
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a challenging and dynamic environment, to work with no supervision and under time pressure
- Aeromechanics and turbine field validation experience
Relocation Assistance Provided: No