Job Description Summary
Responsible for activities and processes that help the sales organization achieve business objectives
Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Guided by commercial practices and policies that may be shaped by the role. Has significant control/influence over commercial priorities. There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgement are required to achieve outcomes required.
Senior Solution Architect - Power Generation / Oil & Gas
In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Sr Staff Solution Architect will establish a trusted advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams. You will collaborate with internal corporate development teams, pre-sales technical teams and commercial sales teams in the business unit they are supporting to help drive sales. The focus of this position is to serve the Power Generation & Oil & Gas, Asset Performance Management (APM), and Operations Performance Management (OPM) businesses.
- Establish a deep understanding of our customers’ business and technical needs;
- Create a “trusted technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal technical teammates;
- Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level;
- Help to provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem-solving ability across the landscape;
- Lead change across large platforms / functional areas using technology solutions;
- Provide deep software/hardware technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design;
- Interface with all Pre-Sales Solutions Architects globally (and build a community) to train, mentor, guide through new solution architecture framework;
- Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions;
- Interface with engineering and product management teams to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities;
- Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest;
- Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated;
- Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant areas (Computer Science, Engineering, Physical Asset Management);
- A minimum 10 years of professional experience;
- Deep expertise with APM/OPM solutions, as end user, as consultant, technical pre-sales support or implementation projects;
- Relevant experience with enterprise APM/OPM solutions and Predictive Analytics (for advanced condition-based maintenance).
- Masters’ degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred;
- Relevant industry professional certification is a plus;
- Background in continuous improvement techniques (lean, six-sigma, reliability engineering, total productive maintenance);
- Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skill set in assigned vertical;
- Significant expertise in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels;
- Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand;
- Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends - go beyond the status quo;
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results.
- Willingness to travel, up to 50%.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position