cks & closing calls, journal entry submission & approvals, and other tasks),
• Coordinate, review and support day-to-day accounting and close activities performed by outsourced teams,
• Manage the compilation of the quarterly financial reporting package "FRP" and off-cycle "deep dive" balance sheet reviews.
• Oversee intercompany activities, ensure proper HFM eliminations (BS/P&L) on a monthly basis, review/resolve intercompany aged items by engaging with regional teams and ensure that intercompany policy requirements are met globally.
• Manage a small team of skilled professionals dedicated to the closing functions, have the ability to direct resources in other parts of the Controllership team, and influence other parts of the finance community in order to achieve deadlines.
• Oversee and manage the completion of reporting "Data Requests" (DRs)
• Assist with and support other ongoing Controllership and finance community projects.
• Prepare and review monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
• Challenge process & system deficiencies... drive simplification and continuous improvement,
• Identify root cause of accounting issues raised by the operational teams and find the proper channel to resolve.
• Prepare and deliver accounting trainings.
• Support during internal and external audits
• Support at ad-hoc projects, initiatives
• Expertise and proven accounting experience mainly in US GAAP
• Specific experience in operational controllership at a large corporation with responsibility for US GAAP accounting reporting. (Experience in SAP and HFM environment preferred)
• Ability to lead small teams in regimented environments with defined deadlines and deliverables.
• Ability to influence and lead across a matrix organization.
• Willingness to work in a Hybrid home/office model with teams in many global time-zones and cultures.
• Strong ethical leadership and compliance mindset - ability to steer towards the correct long-term path despite short-term pressures and distractions.
• Comfort interacting with internal, external and tax auditors.
• A trusted team leader, able to achieve consensus and drive results.
• Comfortable operating in an environment with tight deadlines and complicated workflow patterns.
• Knowledge of US GAAP and GE accounting policies and procedures in the areas of closing & reporting.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No