Job Description Summary
The program is a 3-year curriculum consisting of rotational manufacturing assignments and classroom training. You will work in a fast-paced work environment supporting jet engine fan and compressor airfoils production. Program students are required to attend classes 3-4 nights a week throughout the 3-year program. All tuition for classes will be paid for by GE. Past program graduates have gone on to significant roles in technical & leadership assignments. Program graduates will earn a certificate of completion and college credits from Vermont Technical College that can be applied towards an Associate Degree in Applied Science. Starting rate of pay is $27.49 per hour.
- Be an active member of a team utilizing Lean principles and Flow Technology
- Set-up & operate manual and CNC machines
- Understand and perform the following for each machine operate skill as identified in your skill profile
- Follow area and machine safety practices/procedures
- Follow work instructions and routing sheets
- Proper material handling technique
- Ability to perform machine pre-checks
- Set-up and operate machines
- Inspection and minor machine maintenance
- Download programs
- Input offset changes and change cutting tools
- Provide bench skills which will include benching and inspection
- Perform other related duties as required
- High school diploma / GED
- Must be at least 18 years old by August 14, 2023
- A letter outlining why you would like to participate in this program
- Ability and willingness to earn a certificate of completion in the registered 3- year apprentice program with the State of Vermont
- Must be willing to attend class 3-4 nights per week after working 8-hour day
- Must be available to take the Accuplacer and Ramsey exams offered at Stafford Technical Center offered on Saturday, June 17th from 9:30am to 11:30am OR 12pm to 2pm OR from 2:30pm to 4:30pm.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Willingness to work at a tobacco free site
- Ability and willingness to work occasional weekend shifts
- Successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen including for marijuana and background check
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required
- Ability and willingness to work both 2nd and 3rd shift
- Occasionally lift, carry, push or pull 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Two years of higher-level math (i.e. algebra and geometry) with a grade of B or better average
- One year of higher-level science with a grade of B or better average
- Vo-tech training, trade skills, machining skills or related coursework (welding, auto-mechanics, electrical, etc.)
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities at the same time
- Positive attitude with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Troubleshooting and leadership skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No