as other strategic transformation pillars.
Responsible for ERP and business process support including standardization, quality management, document management, methods creation and maintenance, process improvement and tools for the finance and controllership functions. Impacts the team's ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives. The role is subject to operating policy objectives.
There is moderate autonomy within the role. High levels of operational judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Coordinate and influence strategy development for the Edison Works Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation in the areas of finance and controllership, including requirements definition, business process blueprinting, standardization of processes and policy formulation.
• Uses business process experience and expertise to support recommendations on the organization and flow of financial data across systems to monitor and optimize financial processes and governance. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions. Engage with consulting and system integrator resources to maximize business impact.
• Use lean process improvement methodologies, expertise, and judgement to creatively address complicated and/or interdependent processes, develop execution plans and communicate benefits/risk
• Collaborate will the DT organization to document, prioritize, develop, test and accept solutions, to support the implementation with the user community
• Drive a testing methodology to validate solution functionality and user readiness, before full deployment in areas of Order to Cash and Budget to Report processes
• Responsible for managing project management related processes and support tools to support ERP development.
• Developing expertise in own function and adjacent business process as linked through the ERP. Influences policy and ensures delivery within area of responsibility, linking with other parts of the organization.
• Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry standards to apply a fit to standard solution.
• Leads others to find creative solutions within complex manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Employs sophisticated operational/product management, manufacturing or engineering techniques. Interaction with adjacent functions needed to solve issues. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
• Presents business or technical discipline solutions to leaders. Communicates complex messages and negotiates mainly internally with others to adopt a different point of view. Influences peers to take action and may negotiate with external partners, vendors, or customers.
• Candidate must be a https://U.S. Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with experience in technology implementation and program management
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Finance and/or Accounting
• MBA or Master's degree in a related field
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
• Established project management skills.
• Experience with the use and/or implementation of SAP Enterprise Resource Planning systems
This role is restricted to https://U.S. persons (https://i.e., https://U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 https://U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes