Job Description Summary
The Manufacturing Engineer develops and improves manufacturing processes for various work areas at Strother including CFM, CF34-8, CF34-10 & Passport 20 Engine Overhaul. The manufacturing engineer must provide a safe, high quality and cost efficient process for operations. The manufacturing engineer must work with other disciplines to provide tooling, fixtures, equipment and procedures to perform the work specified. Specific focus will be on precision machining, assembly, and other special processes.
- Determine safe manufacturing processes that produce a quality product in the most efficient method possible
- Assist Production Supervisors and production employees in resolving manufacturing process problems through a drive to root cause and permanent corrective action
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research trials; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, machining, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Work cross functionally with quality and design engineers to ensure that new processes achieve established metrics
- Translate technical processes and methods to train and empower production employees in the manufacturing techniques required for greatest yield, effectiveness & equipment capability
- Support and meet production schedules, driving productivity, and quality initiatives all within budget boundaries
- Utilize lean principles to improve manufacturing efficiency by optimizing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment organization and equipment layout.
- Investigate and apply new technology
- Promote and build a positive working relationship with hourly team members
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or institution (OR a High school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality, materials, technology)
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Knowledgeable in GD&T, print reading
- Knowledge of precision machining – including metal cutting principles, work holding, tool holding, and chip mechanics
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions using structured methodologies such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), five-why, etc.
- Communicate effectively with operators, peers, and management, in both written and oral manners
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
- Six Sigma or equivalent Quality training
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- A minimum of 3 years in manufacturing, engineering, quality, materials, technology
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes