Job Description Summary
The Product Engineer serves as a liaison between production, aftermarket, and design engineering teams. The Product Engineer’s mission is to create and sustain world class avionics manufacturing by focusing on key areas of cost, delivery, and quality. He/she will support four key activities:
- Daily tactical factory support.
- Manufacturing and product sustainment and improvement projects.
- Improve hardware test methods and hardware design for test.
- Support next generation test equipment platform developments and deployment.
The Product Engineer will drive process improvements and utilize data analysis to achieve and maintain production process capability and consistency. Daily activities will include supporting hands-on debug of avionics product and test equipment, supporting root cause investigations, identifying and delivering corrective actions, and executing product or test equipment updates for obsolescence or cost out activities. On new product developments, the Product Engineer is responsible for ensuring lessons learned are fed back to the design team, coordinating Design for Test and Design for Manufacturing activities and preparing the product for transition to manufacturing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with manufacturing counterparts, improve the build and test processes using standard work methodology and instructions.
- Identify Key Process Indicators (KPIs) and Critical to Quality (CTQ) features to improve producibility and testability.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing including hands-on debug of product (unit and circuit card) and automated test systems.
- Support engineering investigations including development of Change Impact Assessments with internal stakeholders.
- Support test equipment design changes for obsolescence management, product improvement, and cost-out activities.
- Participate in improvement projects (https://e.g. Product Work-up events, develop debug tools, develop guided troubleshooting aids, etc.).
- Operate as a liaison between internal stakeholders including manufacturing, quality, sourcing, and other engineering teams to solve issues.
- Provide manufacturing lessons learned feedback into the design process.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Experience or exposure to one or more of the following:
- Programming C/C++, Python
- Data protocols such as RS422/RS232/Ethernet
- Circuit design, test, troubleshooting
- Environmental testing to standards such as DO-160, MIL-STD-810
- Legal authorization to work in the https://U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- This role is restricted to https://U.S. persons (https://i.e., https://U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 https://U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Electrical design and analysis experience with integrated electronics and circuit card assemblies.
- Working knowledge of complex avionics systems and their components.
- Experience with test system design and development for integrated electronics and circuit card assemblies.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment of electronic hardware and circuit boards.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and deliver results.
- Familiarity with aerospace standards, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated application of problem solving and root cause corrective action tools and process.
- Self-starter who takes ownership of product line and is committed to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This role is restricted to https://U.S. persons (https://i.e., https://U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 https://U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes