Job Description Summary
Rockford Engineering Project Manager: Technical project leader responsible for managing engineering/technology projects based in Rockford/Loves Park, IL. Drives initiatives to improve the effectiveness of the Engineering function and interfaces with other functions to provide effective coordination of metrics, dashboards, functional processes, and cross-functional initiative coordination. Responsible for operations and project planning/execution with the Rockford customer program managers. This is a great opportunity for an experienced engineering project manager or a technical lead who wants to develop their career in Project Management.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing engineering / technology projects. Interfaces with internal/external customers to ensure organization resource allocation is made. Accountable to deliver the scope of work to the original cost estimate. Manages schedule, budget and integration of NPI and/or requisition projects, including influencing the projects to meet customer CTQs and hit program milestones.
- Work with domestic and global integrated product team to meet program deliverables
- Interfaces with customer's technical and project team to provide program status, risks, and technical deliverables
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college (or High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 7 years of experience in engineering and/or project management)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in engineering and/or project management
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Knowledge of tollgate process and aviation FAR 25 and FAR 33 certification
- Familiarity with DO-160
- 5+ years of engineer technical experience and 5+ years of program/project management
- PMP Certification or equivalent industry experience
- Familiar with AS9100 and FAA
- Experience with aviation component technology and requirements
This role is restricted to https://U.S. persons (https://i.e., https://U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 https://U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes