Job Description Summary
The Regional Compliance Leader, Central & Eastern Europe is a member of the EMEA Regional Compliance Team and is responsible to provide compliance support, governance and leadership to GE Aerospace business operations in Central & Eastern Europe (Czech, Hungary, Romania, Germany and Sweden). This role will also serve as the Site Compliance Leader for Avio Aero’s site in Prague. This role will be based in Prague, and will report to GE Aerospace’s Regional Compliance Leader, EMEA.
- Leads the compliance program at the site in Prague, in close coordination with the business and regional compliance team.
- Provides leadership and oversight to business operations in the designated area, to assure adherence to all aspects of internal company and external regulatory compliance.
- Partner with business leadership and other EMEA regional leaders to sustain and grow a culture of integrity.
- Maintain and lead a compliance network consisting of dotted-line, part-time site compliance representatives & ombuds to promote open reporting and a superior integrity culture.
- Partner with Aerospace business compliance leaders and the other regional compliance leaders, to contribute to the design and implement compliance programs involving the S&L policies and risk areas, specifically to ensure the early warning of new local regulations and practices impacting Aerospace program and the timely localization of the relevant policies and procedures for full compliance.
- In strong partnership with the Aerospace central compliance organization and the other regional compliance leaders, contributes to develop and execute localized and effective regional training and communications.
- Lead the compliance risk assessments and abatement actions for sites in area of responsibility.
- Work with the central compliance team and other regional compliance leaders on the development and delivery of metrics, training materials, case studies, communications and helping to organize and deliver the regional compliance conferences.
- Partner with the compliance investigation or legal team to ensure early detections of risks and gaps and appropriate definition of effective corrective actions.
- At least 7 years of experience in a compliance, risk management or legal position. While a legal degree is not required, it is a factor as close legal coordination and interaction is required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong inter-personal skills, exceptional communicator, internally and externally, and a strong team player. Fluency in English and Czech.
- Ability to interact and influence effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Strong leadership skills to lead, coach, develop team members, and work in a matrixed organization.
- Self-motivated, confident and positive leader willing to take on responsibilities across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- Good understanding of ITC regulatory framework.
- Ability to travel which could be frequent depending on activities.
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests and ability to share lessons learned with teammates.
- Unyielding integrity and integrity mind-set, a passion for excellence.
- Record of dedicated and successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic abilities.
- Other language skills highly appreciated.
- Sound business acumen.
- Demonstrated success in a project leadership role, with the ability to influence others in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to delegate & empower others, including coaching others.
Additional Job Description
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes