- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a DevOps and/or Technical Operations role with the following demonstrated competencies and skills.
- Direct end-user support and technical operations leadership across a portfolio of mission critical, custom developed Java, Angular web applications.
- Managing IT operations and processes.
- Partnering with stakeholders to prioritize and lead compliance, productivity, and business initiatives.
- Managing SOX applications.
- Legal authorization to work in the https://U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Influences decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Partners with users and product team to understand application product operational needs; translates these into a support model for multiple programs.
- Establishes vision, identifies and champions internal / external best practices, tools, and ideas to improve Applications and related platforms and services.
- Defines, tracks, and improves KPIs.
- Drives adherence to IT Compliance standards (SOX, ISO) and supports all Audit and Compliance initiatives.
- Owns prioritization of enhancements and incidents assigned to the team.
- Acts as a central escalation point for highly critical and/or highly impactful user application outages and incidents.
- Operates support team and processes to leverage continuous improvement principles, learning from each incident resolution and preventing the issue from happening again via code or process changes or else monitoring for the same situation to enable pro-active and early notification of the error condition.
- Communicates operational status to users and leadership.
- Executes programs to monitor Application platform and service progress via effective information dashboards for operational metrics, defects, quality, change control, and compliance.
- Responsible for internal IT processes like change control, release management, patch application testing, incident management, root cause analysis, coordination, and communication for outages.
- Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams.
- Assures consistent, effective rhythms for Agile and Lean start-up rituals and artifacts.
- Uses disciplined approaches to monitor team progress via effective information dashboards for program velocity, burn-up, defect tracking, quality, and compliance.
- Expert in proactively using data, practical knowledge, and innovative insights to drive timely decisions, determine appropriate courses of action, forecast future needs while managing risk and uncertainty for the team.
- Beyond driving day-to-day operational tempos and rigor, role may have responsibility to coordinate activities for strategic business rhythms including long term and operational planning.
- Works with Director to establish vision and drive strategy for the organization for data technology platforms and services, quality strategy and organizational and resource planning.
- Creates a culture of customer focus and high performance to drive innovation through continuous customer engagement to facilitate appropriate applications technology and services. Demonstrates strategic level skills in collaborating with different stakeholders, influencing decisions and an ability to take strategic view.
- Change Agent - Identifies opportunities for necessary changes and pursues/leads them when appropriate. Evaluates progress and involves peers and team members in analyzing strengths and weaknesses in performance. Works with executive stakeholders to embrace the implications of change. Recommends changes that impact strategic business direction. Leads the planning and implementation of change programs that impact critical processes. Subdivides major deliverables into smaller, manageable components and re-appropriates existing solutions to new requirements and situations. Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address problems.
- Collaboration - Establishes & communicates team members' roles in relation to their function and data. Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill. Coordinate’s role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals. Encourages groups to work together to resolve problems. Proactively coaches and/or mentors others to improve their contribution to the team. Fosters relationship building between team members and those outside the team. Works with others to achieve goals without regard to band/title. Identifies gaps in roles on teams and is recognized for growing and distributing talent pools across the organization.
- Comfort in Ambiguity - Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain. Makes decisions and course corrects in response to the feedback from those decisions. Presents results with alternatives and scenarios. Creates new tools and methods for gaining data and driving clarity. Supports the team to drive through ambiguity.
- Communication - Creates stories and utilizes two-way communications. Communicates functional strategy and roadmap with detail for teams to utilize. Describes functional area information to leaders. Coaches’ others on presentation skills. Collaborates with leadership on mediums and messages that drive the intended direction of the organization with measurable results. Determines the need for theoretical explanations vs. a business actionable answer in a presentation.
- Consulting - Provides options and counsel. Drives dialogues that produce new perspectives and substantial innovation, enhancements, and analysis of consequences. Consults on projects to fit systems or infrastructure, and project goals to their function, and vice versa. Provides risk-assessed options in relation to process enhancement and professional expertise. Consults on data or data infrastructure development projects and identifies when necessary to modify the solution.
- Curiosity/Creativity - Connects ideas and solutions from a broad array of sources (https://e.g., what other businesses are doing, brainstorming with others). Pilots’ new ideas and processes that have not been utilized before.
- Decision Making & Risk Management - Participates in the creation of company-wide risk management strategies. Works with senior business leaders to communicate risks, impact, and mitigation plans for the business. Applies best practices to take calculated risks. Takes risks and learns from failures. Encourages ideas from others that may include risk but may provide great gains for the organization.
- Influence - Influences through others, including by use of experts or other third parties. Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Foresees downstream consequences and tailors’ communication strategy to support a positive outcome.
- Problem Solving - Identifies future roadblocks and promotes data-based problem solving. Assesses & prioritizes problems in relation to organizational goals. Coordinates the team's work and performance with broader organizational objectives and manages conflicts between them. Advises others in how to solve difficult problems.
Additional Job Description
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No