Associate Front Desk, Reception
New York, NY
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a digital asset exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets such as bitcoin and ether. Gemini is a New York trust company that is held to the highest level of fiduciary obligations, capital reserve requirements, and banking compliance standards. Gemini was founded in 2014, by brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, to build a bridge to the future of money. For more information, visit Gemini.com.
This position is full-time at Geminis office in New York City. The Front Desk Associate will be responsible for creating and sustaining a supportive environment for employees. This role will be responsible for making sure the day to day operations of the Gemini Headquarters run smoothly and in line with the company's culture. They will be part of a team of individuals dedicated to supporting the company through rapid growth, and beyond. It is important to note that we are looking for someone who is passionate about this role and Geminis values, and to preferably be on this journey for a minimum of 2 years.
- Acts as a visible representative of the company by welcoming visitors, determining their needs and directing them appropriately
- Monitor visitor access, aids guests with iPad check in
- Liaise with lobby security to resolve visitor access issues.
- Monitor front desk cameras. Coordinate with the WX and Security teams to report any issues
- Assist with conference room scheduling as needed.
- Maintains security by following procedures, monitoring front desk cameras, and issuing temp badges when necessary.
- Maintain a clean welcoming reception area
- Assist in planning and executing in-house or off-site activities
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware)
- Liaise with building management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Enthusiastic, friendly but professional demeanor when catering to guests and associates
- Has a good understanding of hospitality and customer service
Act a space manager by:
Keeping it clean and tidy w/multiple intra-day refreshes
- Reporting broken equipment and following up for timely repairs w/ the WX team.
- Monitoring the room schedules from beginning to end of day
Seeking out ways to make the space more operationally efficient
Clear concise written and verbal communicator
- Ability to immediately ID a crisis, communicate the issues, handle by finding a solution or escalate to next leve
- Ability to switch from one priority to another with little notice and without getting flustered
- A super sub who can step in at any time to provide backup for travel, office orders, catering, and administrative support for leaders
- Coordinate clerical, WX, special projects, events and errands
- Has knowledge of the space and understands how things operate beyond the des
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years experience in office/operations
- Experience in a high-growth startup with high-growth operations needs
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with management, internal teams and vendors
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information in written and oral format
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know