Frontend Engineer, Marketing
New York, NY
HELP US BUILD THE FUTURE OF MONEY
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Design Technology
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Frontend Engineer, Marketing
Our frontend engineers are experts at making Gemini's mission clear and accessible to our customers through intelligent development of well-designed visual elements. An ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for identifying opportunities to improve user experience, robust experience translating design frameworks into code to improve both internal and user-facing applications, and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and marketing managers to present a shared artistic vision.
This position is full-time at Geminis offices in New York City and in Portland, and will report to the Manager of Frontend Engineering.
- Develop and maintain front end functionality in collaboration with our marketing teams
- Provide technical input on planning, design, and requirements-gathering process for marketing and marketing features that are implemented
- Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and information security concerns
- Improve performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini internal tool code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects
- A strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and interface usability with a demonstrated record of good design flow in interactive applications
- Demonstrated experience working with data displays and/or large data sets
- Experience building dynamic web interfaces using React.js
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Scala, Java or another JVM based languages
- Working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology in the financial services industry, such as on exchanges or trading firms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.