GE Energy Connections -Lead Software Quality Test Engineer
- Experience 10+ Years
- Category Technology
- Location Redmond, WA Remote, NC
The mission of the Lead Software Quality Test Engineer is to ensure customer project acceptance through excellence in Solution Test Strategy, Planning and Monitoring and is part of a global team located in various geographies and serving Transmission, Distribution, Market Systems and O&G Software Solutions.
- Be responsible for executing the Smallworld communications solution’s sales strategy through direct sales and GE VAR and partner support channel.
- Discover new customer bases and develop new leads, opportunities, and sales throughout the North America or designated markets space assigned to this role.
- Manage, track and maintain reporting of all existing, new and targeted sales opportunities through Salesforce.com and specifically the SPEAK application.
- Work with customers to determine their CTQs and appropriate product/service solutions needs.
- Understanding of the current and new customer base product and service’s needs. Create presentations, present discussion and presentations, lead Demonstration of the GE products and services as the Customer interface, and sell the value of our products and services that can benefit our customer needs and meet or exceed our operational order targets.
- Work directly with our customers, engineering organization and Representative firms to influence specifications utilizing GE’s products and services.
- Engage and manage indirect channels as required to deliver product to the market.
- As the primary Sales interface with our customers, become the “Voice of the Customer” and the customer advocate, provide feedback and input from the customer to GE internal commercial operations, marketing, engineering and product development teams.
- Develop and cultivate long-term relationships at all levels with our current and new customer base. Become a core and trusted member of the customer organization, and within the GE teams and organizations.
- Collaborate and interact with peers of all levels and the GE Management team to enhance selling techniques and approaches in line with both the region’s growth objectives and Digital Energy’s GIS asset management solution initiatives.
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with peers across GE businesses on joint opportunities to sell the entire portfolio of the GE Products and services, with major focus within the communications asset management space. (GE with GE Opportunities)
- Manage all associated sales and travel expenses within assigned budget.
- Be accountable and responsible for meeting or exceeding the orders, sales, and CM operational plan assigned to the region of responsibility. Develop and enhance the necessary technical expertise within the GE’s GIS asset management portfolio of products and services.
- Research, understand and provide market Segment knowledge, trends, players, expertise and extensive, relevant networking channels.
- Develop and report on market dynamics input such as competitive intelligence, customer pricing, customer budget assignments, and financial cycles of our customer base. Reporting to the Management team, the position peers to the Marketing and Business team.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University or College in Computer science or similar
- At least 10 years’ testing experience in software delivery organizations, mainly in operations with system/solution testing and customer acceptance testing
- 2 years in test management and defect management aspects related to computer systems
- Strong leadership and communication skills to drive project testing
- Testing experience in product development
- Highly collaborative and able to work across the organization to accomplish common goals
- Ability to drive change
- Automated testing experience