The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager in motivating and inspiring their team to achieve store productivity goals. They help the Store Manager to analyze week to date, period to date, and year to date sales, and develop action plans to drive top line sales. Other responsibilities include; managing payroll budgets to ensure the store’s contribution is on target, ensuring the individual and collective skills of the team are utilized effectively, and both the staff and customer experience is positive. Assists Store Manager in hiring appropriately to ensure the store is fully staffed at all times. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assists Store Manager in responsibility for the store
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the customer by greeting and assisting; as well as quickly responding to customer inquiries and needs
- Demonstrates desired behaviors for staff including driving sales, handling difficult and/or complicated sales, cash management, inventory, and follow-up with customers
- Assists Store Manager with providing a strong leadership presence and control in store, while ensuring that all customers receive good service and quality merchandise
- Utilizes company tools to diagnose opportunities and develops action plans to improve performance
- Forecasts/reforecast business, focusing on productivity to meet sales goalsIdentifies opportunities to drive traffic into the store through community events (weddings, parties, etc.)
- Regularly communicates with Store Manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business
- Assists Store Manager in partnering with corporate office personnel to increase sales, drive/promote merchandise categories, and expand markets
- Helps Store Manager in identifying training needs and providing ongoing training opportunities to the team as needed
- Leverages individual staff strengths, and creates developmental plans to prepare all level positions for future growth within the organization
- Assists in hiring to the needs of the business, actively recruiting to ensure open positions are filled quickly
- Assists Store Manager in delivering consistent, in the moment, feedback and coaching
- Ensures company standards are met for store and associate appearance at all times
- Prioritizes, plans, and adjusts schedules as necessary to maximize sales
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all Merchandise Calendar direction, campaigns, and sales promotions in a timely manner
- Ensures all pricing, signage, and displays are correct at all times
- Receives regular vendor deliveries and stocks sales floor in a timely manner
- Responsible for controlling inventory stock levels and reordering as necessary within budget
- Enforces all company policies and procedures, including health, safety, and security
- Manages and controls shrink
- Performs all duties as directed by supervisor
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships
- Ability to influence at all levels, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Influencing and Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- 1-3 years experience in retail store management
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be an excellent organizer and problem solver with strong project management skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate with confidence to both internal and external customers
- Gopuff/Bevmo! pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. Compensation for U.S. locations is based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area.
- La Jolla, CA: $19.50 - 29.50
- The salary range above reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.