Senior Manager - European Operations
Gopuff is seeking a seasoned IT leader to oversee all IT operations in the European and UK based markets. A successful candidate will have extensive in-market experience and will be comfortable taking on new challenges in an unknown environment.
The challenge of this role is around the breadth of Gopuff's internal needs as well as our rapid growth. As a vertically integrated company our systems include warehouse management systems, driver delivery apps, financial systems, and of course printers that continually run out of cyan.
We are biased towards action and your actions will matter. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great experiences within our growing IT team. Good work will improve our customers' lives by giving them back precious time in their day.
This position reports to the Director of Gopuff IT.
- Establish and manage Gopuff network of technology, staffing and service vendors outside the US
- Plan, design, document and direct all EU/UK based operational activities and provide technical direction and support that enhance business critical operations
- Develop, manage, and report on business system and operational SLAs
- Build and manage strategic relationships for Technology, Operational and Logistics partners outside the US
- Establish proactive vendor international vendor management to ensure they are performing at a high level and meeting SLAs
- Partner directly with the Infrastructure, Development, and IT Service Desk teams to build an end to end support model
- Ensure all business systems meet or exceed all local regulatory requirements
- Assist with Vendor evaluations for new products and services
- Translate verbal requirements into technical solutions and perform build vs buy analysis
- Stay abreast of security threats and vulnerabilities
- Be flexible. Be willing to learn. We're growing and we need you to grow with us
- Written and verbal fluency in German, French, and/or Spanish
- Experience navigating local vendors, regulatory requirements, and service providers
- In-depth experience with UK and European countries and local regulations
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members and engineers
- Experience managing inter-connected cloud environments and identity management
- Experience with SD-WAN technologies, specifically Meraki
- Experience managing multi-site, retail environments
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure situations demonstrating a flexible work style
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience with complex project management
- 7+ years of experience in network or systems in market management
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get itstuff happens. But that's where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we're assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you're hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.