ral Counsel, Government Contracts, Compliance, and Relations, reports directly to the Vice President, Associate General Counsel, Global Commercial Operations, and be located at our Lake Forest IL headquarters. You will be a strategic partner to Grainger's Federal, State, Local, Education (Fed/SLED) and Healthcare sales organizations, with over $https://2.2Bin annual sales and growing. You will support our contracting needs and strategy as they relate to the sale of products and services to Grainger's government and healthcare customers, our compliance with applicable government rules and regulations, and our interactions with agencies, officials, and other partners.
Understand our business, products, operations, and compliance framework as it relates to the sale of products and services to our Federal, State, Local and Education government and healthcare customers. You will use your experience in government procurement law and contracting to support (i) the negotiation and documentation of government sales agreements on behalf of the Company and (ii) the review and implementation of policies to ensure compliance with government regulations, including, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and other applicable government or agency specific regulations. You will also support our interactions with government agencies and officials, including monitoring legislative and regulatory developments that may affect our operations or opportunities, providing strategic advice and support on advocacy efforts, and collaborating with advisors to support our government relations efforts.
You must be comfortable working with business leaders across varying levels of our organization to support our government sales strategy. You will need to see both sides of the government sales contracting relationship and provide clear guidance to business leaders. You must also be able to synthesize information and provide practical guidance.
• JD with excellent academic credentials.
• Member in good standing of a state bar and able to be admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois.
• 10+ years of legal experience in large law firm or large corporate legal department with primary emphasis on government contracting and advice.
• Federal or state government procurement experience on the "buy side" or "sell side" of transactions, including protests and other contested procurement events.
• In-depth knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and other relevant procurement regulations.
• Understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements related to government contracts.
• Curious thinker who has experience with complex business models and identifying process improvements.
• Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values.
• Able to lead a team of direct and indirect reports.
• Capability for advancement or responsibilities beyond this role.
• Client focused; ability to inspire trust.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger.
Benefits starting on day one, including medical, dental vision and life insurance
6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period with no personal contribution required
Employee discounts, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, student loan refinancing, free access to financial counseling, education and more.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment that includes both providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities during the application and hiring process as well as throughout the course of one's employment. With this in mind, should you need a reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please advise us so that we can provide appropriate assistance.