Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
023367 Electrical Project Manager (Open)
The successful candidate will be based in Welcome, NC, and help design and troubleshoot electrical control systems in manufacturing equipment and facilities. Will be responsible for understanding and safely working with electrical systems including PLC, Motion Control, Servo, Motor Control, Drives, and HMI’s. Travels to multiple plant sites throughout the US and Canada.
- Self-supporting knowledge of PLCs, Motion Controllers, and Motor Controls, including Motor Starters, Variable Frequency, AC/DC Drives, Network Systems, and HMIs.
- Hands-on ability to modify, enhance, or upgrade existing equipment, and read, create, and interpret CAD layouts, parts lists, and drawings.
- Excellent technical and operational, and project management knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment and systems within manufacturing environments
- Capable of managing and/or supporting concurrent Capital Machinery Projects from inception through startup: Including scope development, requirements specifications, schedule, estimating cost, and tracking budget and resources. Plans other technical activities relating to the projects to ensure safety, regulatory, and policy requirements are
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
- Ability to oversee building/wiring electrical control panels, testing and debugging systems
- Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts, parts lists, electrical circuitry diagrams, and drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Working knowledge of computer systems and personal computers
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite applications – Work, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Technology, or Similar preferred.
- Two-year vocational training/degree acceptable with 7-10+ years of demonstrated ability.
- Training skills in electrical troubleshooting
- 5+ years’ experience in an Industrial environment
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Ladder Logic, Basic and Function Block Programming experience – Allen Bradley, Automation Direct, Trio, or equivalent software.
- Advanced degree is a plus.
- CAD drawing and technical drawing package experience
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently or in groups (Team Player)
- Ability to specify required electrical components for new machine design
- Familiar with OHSA Machine Safety Regulations
- Ability to create electrical schematics for the shop
- Ability to create SOPs for the HMI Screen Functions (Operator Manuals)
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.