Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
As the Compensation Analyst, you will be responsible for managing a variety of compensation and human resources-related projects and conducting in-depth analyses to support our Supply Chain compensation philosophy. You'll work closely with senior leaders to design, develop and administer cost-effective compensation programs that help us attract, motivate and retain top talent. Become a part of our fast-growing, dynamic global team and we'll help you build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide support to assigned customer groups, employees, and HR colleagues in the interpretation and administration of the GXO’s compensation programs, policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with state and federal laws governing compensation practices. Perform financial modeling to ensure programs are viable
- Develop and administer all aspects of the compensation program which includes base pay and incentive programs and policies to support assigned customer groups that are cost effective, consistent with market trends and organization objectives
- Participate in regular benchmarking processes and analyze industry data to evaluate roles and determine competitiveness of salaries and total compensation by market; gather insights by researching and networking with other companies to keep abreast of best practices and trends in compensation
- Conduct job evaluations for new positions to determine appropriate salary grade. Evaluate and analyze market data and maintain appropriate documentation regarding the review.
- Reviews requests for evaluations of revised job descriptions and develop recommendations.
- Design and build compensation metrics, reports and tools to inform compensation program decisions and analyze business outcomes
- Partner with HR and department leaders to provide appropriate guidance regarding pay decisions, policies and job evaluations; administer the annual process for salary increases, including system setup, validating data and distributing reports
- Support the annual salary planning process, including the annual company budgeting process & the annual merit cycle. Lead and provide direct support to assigned customer groups
- Create materials to effectively communicate compensation programs, policies and practices to employees and leaders
- Look for opportunities for process improvement, make recommendations and support review, redesign and implementation of changes.
- Actively participate in compensation related meetings with assigned functional leaders. Supports projects as a result of these meetings through internal or market analysis. Support compensation projects as they relate to broader HR initiatives.
- Effectively communicate compensation programs to managers and employees.
- Manage participation in annual compensation surveys for Pay Factors, Aon | Radford, Willis Towers Watson, Mercer, and Economic Research Institute (ERI)
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, HR, Finance or equivalent related work or military experience
- 3-5 years of related compensation experience, including design of incentive compensation plans, merit planning, job pricing, and pay administration
- Experience in HRIS systems including SuccessFactors, Peoplesoft or Workday
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft windows, including creating complex formulas in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability to develop insightful, value-added, and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of the results; produce unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM – CP, SHRM -SCP, CCP
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.