kage, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
• Work closely with quality assurance, manufacturing operations, and inventory control personnel
• Perform random, in-process auditing designated by the quality manager/supervisor or lead; assist with follow-up on quality-related problems
• Inspect finished products, products being processed, incoming materials, parts, assemblies and test products for conformance to company standards; check to ensure corrective action is being taken on failed lots
• Research, resolve and communicate work problems to Supervisor and assist coworkers in solving problems
• Document audit findings and records in quality database system
• Train and interpret process procedures/work instructions/quality bulletins with departments being audited and provide input on changes and/or updates to work instructions/procedures
• Participate in special projects, such as auditing, training other departments or inspecting; provide reports to management on findings
• Demonstrate an understanding of the supply chain quality policy and adhere to the company's good manufacturing practices
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
• Experience interpreting graphs
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
It'd be great if you also have:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Effective communication skills to present information in one-on-one, small and large group situations to customers, clients and coworkers
• 1 year of quality assurance experience in manufacturing, packaging, or distribution facility
This job requires the ability to:
• Lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
• Tolerate hot or cold warehouse environments
We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.