For more than 170 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE through our values, ESG initiatives and IDE journey.
Our Corporate Controller’s department is seeking Lead or Senior Accountants to join our growing team as a part of our Accounting Leadership Rotational Program (ALP). This is a Full-time, Exempt role. Position is eligible for a hybrid schedule or limited hybrid schedule in our Worcester, MA office. Competitive base salary, incentive compensation bonus program, and sign-on bonus included.
The Hanover ALP is an exceptional opportunity for an early-in-career CPA aspiring to management to learn various aspects of accounting, SEC financial reporting and internal controls of a national Property & Casualty Insurer while developing leadership skills, receiving mentorship, and working toward a management position.
• This comprehensive training program prepares high performers for management positions in our Company by combining an average of 3 challenging 6-12 month job rotations with comprehensive training in industry, technical and leadership skills, experience with high visibility projects and formalized networking and mentoring. Each rotation provides the individual with additional skills, industry knowledge and exposure to senior management. Upon successful completion of the program, participants are expected to assume management roles with our Company’s Accounting and Finance teams.
·Job rotations vary significantly. Taken together, an individual’s rotations are intended to provide the broadest possible experience within the accounting disciplines. With each rotation, an individual will report to a member of management within that discipline. Each participant will also have a mentor from senior management for the duration of their program. All of the managers associated with this program are experienced leaders with a strong commitment to the program. Most are “Big 4” CPA’s, like the participants.
• An individual development plan is created for each program participant. The plan includes potential choices in future rotations, training and other components based on a participant’s interests and developmental needs. Participants meet frequently with leadership and the program director to discuss individual development. Additionally, each participant chooses a mentor to help guide them on their career path journey with Hanover Insurance.
• Paid training and continuing professional education credits. Topics include: management development, basic and advanced SEC reporting, insurance accounting and business concepts, technology and other areas of subject matter knowledge and skills development.
• Typical Areas for Rotations: SEC Reporting, P&C Accounting, Controls Oversight, Financial Systems, Investment Accounting, Tax, Financial Analysis.
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting or finance is required. An MBA is a plus.
• Minimum 1+ years, up to 5 years of experience with a “Big 4” CPA firm. Some portion of this experience must be in the attest function.
• A current CPA license or actively pursuing a CPA license.
• A track record of success, both academically and professionally.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities.
This job posting provides cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with this position. The examples provided are not complete, and the position may entail other essential and job-related functions and responsibilities that employees will be required to perform.
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform essential job functions, should contact us at: HRServices@https://hanover.com and include the link of the job posting in which you are interested.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here**.